Talk

Advanced search

How often do you POAS?

(8 Posts)
MrsRLM Tue 12-Mar-19 10:39:19

How often do you POAS during your TWW?

I took a FRER at 9 DPO and got a BFN. I've got some IC's that I'm happy to use up but I just don't think its good for my sanity to test EVERY DAY!

BaweB Tue 12-Mar-19 11:49:37

I became stricter and stricter with myself on this until I only tested the day before my period was due (12dpo) and only if I had symptoms. It's too depressing otherwise. I think it's a really bad habit actually; it's trying to give you certainty on something that is uncertain. You just have to wait it out because whatever the test says, you won't believe it until you get a positive or your period!

MrsRLM Tue 12-Mar-19 12:03:50

@BaweB that's exactly how I feel. I totally understand the want to test every day but it can't be healthy, surely. It's quite obsessive behaviour, which I am prone to anyway, so I'm really trying to not be crazy about it. Its difficult though!

BaweB Tue 12-Mar-19 12:10:07

So, I actually have a form of OCD and have done for years so as you can imagine TTC was an absolute clusterf*ck! I really struggled with the not knowing, so much, and for the first two months my response was to wee on everything that I could. But I felt so, so much better when I stopped and it really is a case of being strict with yourself (I hope this doesn't sound lecture-y) and committing to NOT doing it. The thing is - the outcome won't change however many times you POAS, so it's about accepting the uncertainty for the time being and doing stuff that's actually positive (I don't count obsessive POAS-ing as positive!) It's really hard but you can definitely do it! x

CycleWoman Tue 12-Mar-19 12:14:29

Try to stick to a 12dpo rule but usually cave at 11!

MrsRLM Tue 12-Mar-19 12:15:24

@BaweB No that's really helpful thank you. I have anxiety and have some issues with control so TTC is also a bit of a head f*ck for me. I went a bit crazy POAS last month but this month I told myself to wait. I've done 1 FREF and that was negative so now I'm going to just wait it out.

BaweB Tue 12-Mar-19 12:22:22

I did a normal test 11dpo and got a negative, didn't have many symptoms other than a bit of PMT, did another FRER yesterday and got a positive. It does happen but I just don't think there's much point (for your own emotional wellbeing!) to do it before 11/12dpo. Good luck though! x

workinprogressmum Tue 12-Mar-19 14:38:43

I try to wait until 10dpo. Then every other day if there are symptoms.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »