Talk

Advanced search

Trc after birth control pill

(9 Posts)
Laurens96 Tue 12-Mar-19 08:53:48

Not sure if this is the right place to post sorry if it's the wrong section.
My partner and I have decided to start trying for a baby in December. I'm currently taking the birth control pill and I've read that it can take a few months for my body to return back to normal. I'm unsure if I should discuss stopping my pill early with him and using a condom during sex for a few months before instead

kittycat01 Tue 12-Mar-19 11:50:17

@Laurens96 I would come off it now! It took me over a year for my period to go back to how it was before. The pill really messed my cycles up! I had a withdrawal bleed two months after coming off the pill and then didn't have another period for 11 months and then they gradually came back. Good luck!

Laurens96 Tue 12-Mar-19 20:01:01

We've had a chat and I finish my pill tonight he's said not to take anymore so will technically be unprotected from next Wednesday depending how long my body takes to get back to normal

AllTheGlitter Tue 12-Mar-19 20:46:41

@laurens96 I agree! I’ve been off 8 weeks and no bleed as of yet!

Michellebops Tue 12-Mar-19 20:47:35

Just ensure you're taking extra precautions if you're not planning a baby straight away. I'd been on the pill for 18 years, stopped taking it in November had 2 periods and conceived around new year.

I was expecting a while but happened straight away

Laurens96 Tue 12-Mar-19 21:33:47

We've talked about it and he doesn't want to use an alternative. If it happens it happens.
He has 2 from a previous marriage but this will be my first so just hoping when it does happen the step kids take it well

AllTheGlitter Thu 14-Mar-19 19:00:10

@laurens96 I’m sure they will! Hope something happens for you soon! smile

Laurens96 Thu 14-Mar-19 20:40:34

Thank so so I. Thinking I may have compromised my pill this month too by mistake. I went out Sunday night and got drunk so think I technically missed that one as I've felt constantly sick all day yesterday and today and it don't seem to be easing. Been having stomach cramps with it too which I never get and it only started a few hours after taking it Tuesday. So definitely feeling like I've missed Sunday's pill

AllTheGlitter Sat 06-Apr-19 17:16:14

@laurens96 just to update you my AF arrived today 80 days after stopping the pill! Hope yours comes sooner

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »