Talk

Advanced search

The good stuff

(2 Posts)
jenn88 Mon 11-Mar-19 21:40:47

So TTC number one, I'm coming off the pill one week today! I choose to finish my pill packet before we started...... I don't know why? Completeness?! Who knows?!? Anyway does everyone try and stick to ovulation cycles? Or do you just get shagging like rabbits at every given opportunity? Anyone think either is better? Call me silly but I did think you could fall pregnant at any point in a cycle but sometimes your more fertile than others?

flyingplum Tue 12-Mar-19 07:04:46

If your cycle is regular, you can only get pregnant at certain time's of month - sperm can live for up to five days inside you, so there is a window of sorts, but it's not all month - just before, and maybe 24 hours after, when your egg is released.

But predicting ovulation is tricky, especially if your cycle isn't regular - which it may not be after coming if the pill for a bit. We tend to just go for shag as much as possible, with efforts concerted around the rough 10 days I should be fertile.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »