Talk

Advanced search

Trying to conceive

(49 Posts)
LorelaiRoryEmily Mon 11-Mar-19 20:31:12

Hi ladies, I’m hoping someone here might be able to help!! We’re ttc dc2, have an almost 3 year old, took us 31 cycles to conceive, so far we are on cycle 8. I’m using the clear blue digital ovulation since Friday which was day 12 of my cycle, cycles varies from 29-31 days. According to Flo today is when I should be ovulating, test at 2pm today said no. Just been to bathroom and noticed cm. Not quite egg white but almost. Should I test again tonight?

BFPhopeful2019 Mon 11-Mar-19 20:34:31

Hello, I use Flo too and it says I ovulated yesterday but the OPK said no. I’m not convinced Flo have it particularly right. Might be worth a retest but I’ve invested in some internet cheapies so that I can test easily and cheaply according to different apps.

It sounds like you’re ovulating or about to ovulate with the CM.

Best of luck! It’s so tough TTC isnt it?!

LorelaiRoryEmily Mon 11-Mar-19 20:54:09

I’m not convinced by Flo either. I’ll test again tonight. Oh it’s awful isn’t it? I’m trying so hard not to be obsessed by it but I can’t think about much else. How long have you been ttc?

Michellebops Mon 11-Mar-19 20:55:48

Flo was out by 3 days last month for me.
I would tend not to use it now x

LorelaiRoryEmily Mon 11-Mar-19 21:07:09

@michellebops are you using ovulation tests instead? It’s so annoying isn’t it? Flo has totally confused me

Michellebops Mon 11-Mar-19 22:55:38

@LorelaiRoryEmily yes sort of. Started using the boots ones which were fine then splashed out last month on the clear blue digital and apart from once I got an error every time.

Another lady on here told me about SMEP so think I'm going to try that this month x

BFPhopeful2019 Mon 11-Mar-19 23:02:53

I started with SMEP this month but didn’t Lee up with it. I’m usually at work late and have very little time at home so it’s not always easy to keep up with 🙈.
I’m on to cycle 4 but finding it hard and getting slightly obsessive. My husband is much more chilled out but then I get upset that he doesn’t understand how hard it is to get a BFN or when AF turns up.

I’m using Flo loosley and then OPKs and tuning in to my own body too.

LorelaiRoryEmily Mon 11-Mar-19 23:13:43

Possibly a stupid question ladies but what is SMEP?
@bFPhopeful2019 my husband is the same. Totally chilled out and thinks ah yea any time now it’ll just happen. I wish I could be so laid back about it

BFPhopeful2019 Mon 11-Mar-19 23:33:02

It’s the sperm meets egg plan.
From day 8 (day 1 being the first day of your period) you DTD every second day, then begin ovulation testing on day 10. When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row. Skip one night, then do one last "try". Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun. If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.

Men don’t seem to understand the pressure at all.

Lammoshay Tue 12-Mar-19 00:17:22

Flo is out for me also I’ve noticed so I’ve switched to glow x

LorelaiRoryEmily Tue 12-Mar-19 07:04:17

@BFPhopeful2019 thank you, I’m definitely trying that next month. No they really don’t have a clue do they?

LorelaiRoryEmily Tue 12-Mar-19 07:12:56

@Lammoshay it’s good to know it’s not just me. I’m only really using it no to keep trace of the first day and length of my cycle. I think it’s ovulation prediction is crazy

LorelaiRoryEmily Tue 12-Mar-19 13:39:05

So I did another test just now and still no smiley

BFPhopeful2019 Tue 12-Mar-19 14:20:41

Im the same. Day 14 of cycle and no positive OPK. Im panicking that I’m not ovulating at all (which is probably crazy but it’s the first time I’ve properly monitored it).

Bumpingalong84 Tue 12-Mar-19 15:04:38

@LorelaiRoryEmily it’s so frustrating isn’t it! I’m using ovia and flo and so far this month they both seem like they are out!! I’m on CD 16 and still getting flashing smiley, day 4 of that today! Can’t wait for a static but keep getting this feeling I won’t see it!! So @BFPhopeful2019 I know how you feel.

LorelaiRoryEmily Tue 12-Mar-19 15:28:06

I’m on day cd 16 too @bumpongalong84, I’m just getting the O still.
@BFPhopeful19 it’s awful isn’t it? I’m kind of hopeful that I just ovulate late. I had a private appt with a gynecologist in November for a smear test(I’m in the Republic of Ireland, no faith in the screening) and she did an internal scan and she said I had ovulated that month because she could see it. She gave me 3 months of clomid and said if I wasn’t pregnant in the 3 months she wanted to see me again. I haven’t gone yet, hubby thinks we have it been trying enough🤣 so we’ll see this month

LorelaiRoryEmily Tue 12-Mar-19 15:31:54

Just looking at the calendar and app, my appt was on the 21st of November and I was on day 21 of my cycle that day and that month my cycle was 31 days, so if she could see the follicle or whatever she could see to know I had ovulated dies that mean I ovulated late? How long can after ovulation can they physically see it?

LorelaiRoryEmily Tue 12-Mar-19 15:32:14

*does not dies🤣

LorelaiRoryEmily Fri 15-Mar-19 14:26:21

@bumpingalong84 I got my smiley yesterday afternoon. Did you get yours yet?

Bumpingalong84 Fri 15-Mar-19 14:44:17

@LorelaiRoryEmily I got my static smiley yesterday morning so we are tww buddies 🙌

LorelaiRoryEmily Fri 15-Mar-19 20:51:09

@bumpingalong84 Oh that’s great! Fingers crossed for us both 🤞

Bumpingalong84 Fri 15-Mar-19 21:03:50

@LorelaiRoryEmily yes fingers crossed. Let the tww begin!! Are you an early tester? I’m already calculating when I can test 🤣

LorelaiRoryEmily Fri 15-Mar-19 21:26:16

@bumpingalong84 I’m going to try to resist temptation to test early. I’ll aim for the 26th if there’s no sign of my period🙈 when are you thinking?!

Bumpingalong84 Fri 15-Mar-19 21:40:41

I’d like to say the 26th too when AF is due but I know I’ll cave by the weekend and test Sunday maybe 🙈

LorelaiRoryEmily Fri 15-Mar-19 21:43:09

So hard not to Test early, I’ll probably cave too. I tested 2 days early with ds t 6 in the evening a got my BFP in about 10 seconds

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »