Talk

Advanced search

Looking for TTC Buddies, AF due in 4 Days!

(12 Posts)
Isntthatalwaystheway Mon 11-Mar-19 16:31:16

Hello!

We've been TTC for 7 Months now, DC1 was a lovely surprise so just assumed falling pregnant for a DC2 would be easy.. Silly Me!

Desperately trying to resist the urge to use the early Test I've got in the Bathroom!!

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Tchelsea Tue 12-Mar-19 15:08:05

Hi @Isntthatalwaystheway AF due here in 7 days so slightly behind you! TTC baby #1, this will be cycle 3!

Not using OPK's or temping, so just going on apps and feeling cramps!

MrsRLM Tue 12-Mar-19 15:45:33

AF due on Saturday! I took a FRER yesterday at 9 DPO with a BFN. Had a big jump in temp today which I'm hoping is a good thing and stays up.

I'm trying to hold out til saturday to test again.

Isntthatalwaystheway Tue 12-Mar-19 16:44:13

Hey @MrsRLM @Tchelsea 👋
I was SO close to taking an early test today but I held off, this was the first Month I used OPKs - found the whole thing so interesting! Using the Flo app before and that prediction was so wrong from when I was actually ovulating! So we've probably been off with my dates for Months 😩

Tchelsea Wed 13-Mar-19 08:47:55

@Isntthatalwaystheway See I've heard this from a few people which is quite scary!! I think I might start using OPK's and temping now!! It's scary how wrong the apps get it! Can I ask how many days out Flo had you?

Also does anyone get really bad cramping around Ovulation? Does that coincide with your positive OPKs?

MrsRLM Wed 13-Mar-19 08:58:16

@Isntthatalwaystheway how many days our do you think your app was?

I don't really get ovulation symptoms so I dont really know if my app is correct, even though I'm temping. I matched up my EGCM one month so I think its okay.

Although, unless it's out by 4 or 5 days it still shouldn't really make a difference if you're DTD enough as sperm can live up to 5 days anyway.

MrsRLM Wed 13-Mar-19 09:08:20

*EWCM

Isntthatalwaystheway Wed 13-Mar-19 09:15:15

It was 5 Days out which was a real surprise, try our hardest to dtd as much as possible but with DH working Days and Me working Nights, seeing each other long enough is a rarity sometimes 😩 I didn't think I did get any ovulation symptoms until this Month, guess because it's been on my mind it was the first time I had noticed the cramping - exactly on ovulation day too! Woken up with pains this Morning so feels like AF is on its way sad How does it work with checking your temperature @MrsRLM? I've seen a few people mention but I'm clueless with it to be honest!

MrsRLM Wed 13-Mar-19 09:20:37

@Isntthatalwaystheway I use the Femometer (from Amazon, like £35 I think). Its a thermometer that you use to take your temp each day (orally) and then it sends all the data to the app. I've found it really helpful! Much more reliable in predicting ovulation as your temp changes when you ovulate. It also shows you predictions on your ov date based on previous cycles.

I started using it because I was on my pill for 15 years and very rarely had periods so I had NO idea about my cycle or ovulation etc. Its been a real eye opener x

Isntthatalwaystheway Wed 13-Mar-19 09:26:44

@MrsRLM Wow that sounds fab, if this isn't our Month I'll definitely invest! Thanks for the info smile Have you been trying for long? (if you don't mind me asking) I had the implant previously, I never really got on with the Pill x

Tchelsea Wed 13-Mar-19 09:43:28

Goodness! 5 days is quite a big jump!! Fingers crossed AF stays aware for you @Isntthatalwaystheway!!

Isntthatalwaystheway Wed 13-Mar-19 09:54:21

Aw Thanks @Tchelsea! Same for you both 🤞x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »