Talk

Advanced search

Average cycle length - 90 days - Help!

(9 Posts)
Daiisy Sun 10-Mar-19 10:21:41

Good Morning,

I have been trying to conceive baby number 1 since coming off my pill in January 2018. I am 30 years old and my partner is 27.

However ttc is proving very difficult and far more stressful that I ever imagined. I can’t stop thinking about it even though I’m telling myself not to worry. We are both finding the process very exhausting but equally don’t want to give up and are fully committed.

My cycles are very irregular, lasting anything between 45 days and 95 days. I have been using natural cycles to track my temp but again my irregular cycles are making it near impossible to find my fertile window.

My GP has referred me to the infertility clinic and my bloods and ultrasound test have came back as normal.

I have never posted on here before and hoped I might be able to find some support/ suggestions from those in similar positions.

flyingplum Sun 10-Mar-19 12:39:26

Do you get any other ovulation symptoms? My cycles have regulated a bit over the last year or so, but even so, I find watery and EWCM a really good indicator of fertile week smile

Daiisy Sun 10-Mar-19 12:58:36

Thanks for replying Flyingplum.

I wouldn't say I have noticed any ovulation symptoms as such, my CM doesn't seem to change from day to day but I will pay more attention to it from now on. I have been using the cheap ovulation strips tests but find it quite difficult to know if it's positive or not and have sometimes got what I think is positive and then had the same a few weeks later.

Did you do anything in particular to regulate your cycles or did it happen naturally.

flyingplum Sun 10-Mar-19 14:26:54

It's a good question, I'm not really sure. I've been taking a seven seas pregnancy supplement which has possibly helped...but the problems were caused by endometrial cysts and PCOS, so I don't know if I'm just in a good window or what. We're about to start fertility explorations, so I guess I'll find out soon?!

I don't bother with OPKs because I think they would be unreliable for me because the PCOS messes with Luteinising Hormone levels. Am thinking of investing in an ovusense but am in two minds.

crosstalk Sun 10-Mar-19 15:44:03

OP Sympathies. When you go back to the fertility clinic, you need to have your questions sorted. IE, can you precipitate monthly cycles? what is the best test to use for ovulation? are there vitamins that might help? And

And has your husband also been tested?

I had variable cycles making the fertile time hard to predict and we then discovered DP had sub optimal sperm too.

Daiisy Mon 11-Mar-19 19:45:18

FlyingPlum - I’m glad your settled at the moment and good luck with your fertility test. It’s such a daunting time isn’t it. What is ovusense?

Crosstalk - I haven’t attended my first appointment at fertility clinic yet but my GP referred me back in January, they thought the waiting list was 3 months so should hopefully get an appointment soon.

I am only taking folic acid at the moment, I’ve read online about different supplements but my GP only recommended folic acid just now so I have resisted temptation so far.

My partner had his sperm analysis done last week so expect the results any day now.. fingers crossed.

How are you tracking her fertile window at the moment, sounds like we are in the same boat.

Daiisy Tue 12-Mar-19 10:46:28

Just a wee update.. my AF came today, which is disappointing but also a little exciting as my most recent cycle was only 52 days smile Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Still a long cycle but a lot shorter compared with my last of 95 days!

Pinksunset1 Thu 14-Mar-19 12:02:20

I’m TTC my cycles are becoming longer I’m currently on day 61 I’m so upset trying since October

cranstonmanor Thu 14-Mar-19 12:12:35

The fertility clinic will have options to help with the ovulating (clomid for example). TTC can be a long wait requiring patience, sorry about that. It's really shit sometimes. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »