Talk

Advanced search

More OPK and BBT help

(6 Posts)
McHelenz Sat 09-Mar-19 08:22:10

Hey, this is my first cycle temping and testing prior to TTC in a couple of months.

So I don't take the temp at the same time due to shifts so my line is jagged, I think I'm going to try the same time next cycle.

I got a positive OPK on cd14 however fertile friend has now changed my ovulation date to cd20 based on my temps today. Really confused? Should I be taking an OPK today? I stopped after I got the positive.

My periods are pretty regular and I'm due on next week so I don't really think I would of ovulated today? Any advice welcome!

McHelenz Sat 09-Mar-19 11:53:49

Bump

deathbycats Sat 09-Mar-19 14:12:05

I think the issue with the way you're taking your BBT is that it the temps you're getting are somewhat meaningless for tracking your ovulation. If your temp has dropped significantly compared to the previous day that could just be because of external factors that can cause temperature fluctuations. Do an OPK today for reassurance, but for temping to be accurate, it needs to be done when you're just up and before any physical activity/food/drink.

McHelenz Sat 09-Mar-19 21:26:37

I am taking the temp every morning when I wake up, it's just anytime between 6 and 9, usually about 7am before I do anything.

Sessy19 Sun 10-Mar-19 06:57:57

If you had a positive POAS on cd14, I would disregard the BBT.

If you aren’t religious about temping, it will only confuse you. I used Ovia fertility app, no temping, just mood and symptoms (cervix, CM etc), and I just got a BFP

McHelenz Sun 10-Mar-19 10:01:17

Thanks @sessy I disregarded the high temp and it's put my ovulation back. I think I will try one month of setting an alarm to do at the same time but if all else fails just symptom spot and OPK.

I did think it was wrong as I'd obviously ovulated a week ago.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »