Talk

Advanced search

Possible weird implantation?

(15 Posts)
Jm2000 Fri 15-Mar-19 21:35:02

Decided I would post an update.. I don’t know much about ovulation or when it is, and since I missed my period last month and didn’t have to log anything, I’m pretty sure it could have confused the predictions of my app so I really have no idea when I ovulated or anything like that, but ANWAY lately I’ve noticed my areolas getting bigger, those little white bumps appear more often, my nipples being more sensitive to the touch and some tingling sensations every now and then in my breasts. Now, just yesterday, I can see so many blue veins all across my neck, shoulders, chest, breasts, wrists, and I can see some in my fingers. Odd, and I continue to feel nauseous when I eat and can’t barely eat things I normally love (went to golden coral yesterday, couldn’t stand things I would normally LOVE). I’ve had cravings for the weirdest things (not really weird, but out of the blue I’d want chocolate covered pineapple or something of the sort) and now I’m more exhausted than ever, not to mention dizzy upon standing when I’ve been keeping myself hydrated. I don’t want to jump to the conclusion of pregnancy, but I’m looking for more opinions.. out of town at the moment, so I’m going to be testing tomorrow morning and hoping for some good news.

Jm2000 Wed 13-Mar-19 13:06:16

Not 100% convinced, things are just weird right now. And now, I see I’m most likely out of the range of implantation bleeding. It’s just all so strange to me. I’m going to be calling and setting up an appt for planned parenthood today and will update if anything interesting happens

Sessy19 Wed 13-Mar-19 05:42:06

If you’re using pregnancy tests as per the instructions and getting a negative result, you probably aren’t pregnant.

Perhaps you have an infection or something, with can sometimes cause missed periods.

You sound convinced that you are pregnant, so seeing you OBGYN would be a sensible next move regardless.

Jm2000 Wed 13-Mar-19 03:25:46

Update: PICTURE sorry if tmi: I had some more spotting today but it was only for a very short period of time and showed on my underwear, still very faint. I’ve been having an upset stomach and on and off headaches

Jm2000 Tue 12-Mar-19 17:12:45

I hope everyone gets the results they want. I only question if it’s implantation because it showed up after my period instead of before. Very odd. My period was on a pretty steady cycle of arriving anywhere between the 10th and 14th, so I don’t know if my odd period was just very late (didn’t get it in February) or what the hell is going on!!

Jm2000 Tue 12-Mar-19 17:07:26

No insurance, unfortunately, and my boyfriend just happens to be against planned parenthood😅 maybe I’ll have a friend bring me because this all is very strange

McMurray Tue 12-Mar-19 13:22:01

Hi I'm new here so not sure how it all works but im after some opinions.
I had my last depo last august,I haven't had a period since but 3 days ago me and hubby did the deed not rough! I went to the loo after and had a wipe of pink blood,few hours later a bit of brown blood so I put a pad in and at the end of the day was just a small amount of brown blood in,the next day it was the same again but a little red only the 1st wipe in the morning though and today nothing at all even when we did the deed this morning there was nothing.question is could this be implantation or maybe getting set for periods returning x thanks in advance xx

mumofbun Tue 12-Mar-19 11:06:08

I'm in a similar situation! I had never heard of implantation bleeding before this month!

I have super regular periods (even more regular than what people seem to consider regular on here...as in exactly 28 day cycles, AF on the same day of the week, very occasionally starting the night before or day after). OD calculated as the 28th so i'm now 12 days PO...I've had extremely sore boobs since around this time last week and then on Sunday i was really queasy. Monday i had a bit of light spotting (no need to wear anything though and i'm normally very heavy the first day) so i had written myself off but then i read about implantation bleeding...

Now the flow has increased a bit and is more red than brown...light cramping but still no where near as heavy as normal. Not actually due AF until Thursday.

Is this just a strange early period? Or could it be implantation?

@Jm2000 I hope you get the result you want. If not i would def go to the doctors as unusual bleeding can be a sign of other things!

flyingplum Tue 12-Mar-19 06:58:09

Hmmm. Maybe do a test, and if it's negative, go and see the doctor. It could be pregnancy, but strange bleeding can also be indicative of other things, so if the test is negative might not be a bad idea to get checked out?

Jm2000 Mon 11-Mar-19 22:57:42

Update: I stopped bleeding March 9th, but now, 2 days later, I’m noticing spotting again. Much, much lighter than described above. I don’t want to jump to the conclusion that it’s implantation bleedingn, as I don’t want high hopes, but what’s your opinion? Could it just be completely normal?

flumpybear Sun 10-Mar-19 07:29:46

Bit strange I'd say, if you missed a period and you're getting negative tests then it's nothing to do with that cycle. If you're spotting early it could be implantation bleeding - good luck ttc .... it's a strange time you read something into everything

Jm2000 Sun 10-Mar-19 07:06:33

Yes. I thought I had just missed that period for some reason, but when the bleeding started I was about 10 days away from when my period would be in March. I don’t really know, as I don’t know all that much about pregnancy or ovulation, never really had any of these kinds of problems, but I’m now pretty sure it was an odd period. Thank you for replyingsmile

anniehm Sat 09-Mar-19 07:51:28

Sounds more like a weird cycle, ive gone as long as 9 weeks on occasion but am normally super regular

flyingplum Sat 09-Mar-19 07:37:44

I'm a bit confused by your suggested timelines. Implantation bleeding (it's disputed whether it is actually a thing, but enough people have stories) would happen just before the date of your period - because implantation happens between 6-12ish DPO. Three weeks after your missed period (if that's what you're suggesting) is too late.

It sounds like maybe you just had a weird cycle? The bleeding you had now sounds too heavy to be implantation, so perhaps you've had an anovulatory cycle. They can be longer than usual, with lighter bleeding on your period (at least, they are for me).

Jm2000 Fri 08-Mar-19 19:50:04

Now a few disclaimers before I go on about this.
1. I already know everyone’s experience is different which is why I’m trying to find other people’s experiences similar to mine
2. I have a super predictable period. Always starts anywhere between the 10-14th of each month, lasts 5-7 days, heavy in the beginning and turns into spotting, only accompanied by sharp cramps a day or two before hand.

Okay, so after I missed my period in February, I started to obviously think I could possibly be pregnant, but for a while, I had no symptoms- even no symptoms of a late period coming. After three failed pregnancy tests, I started to think it wasn’t, and I just tried to forget about the whole weird thing. Then, I was nearly three weeks late when I noticed I started spotting, but it was very light and pink/red in color, and I didn’t have to wear anything and it went away after a few hours. That’s when I started to do my research on implantation bleeding, and it started to make sense with the timing of when it started, the color, and the fact that I started to have symptoms the day the bleeding started such as very subtle cramps, and the sides of my breasts being a little bit sore, all which I’ve never experienced with any of my normal periods before. The next day, I had heavier dark brown bleeding, and it still matched up with the symptoms of implantation bleeding, only now I started having headaches and more frequent urination. It was heavy enough that I had to wear a tampon, but after a few hours, it wasn’t even nearly full when I checked myself, HOWEVER, When I did check myself, my bleeding had turned red and was a bit heavier, and I had to wear a tampon again, but once again, it didn’t fill the tampon, and it turned pink/brown later on. Now, this bleeding has been going on, going from heavy, to light, to nothing for a few hours, then I’ll bleed again, and the cycle has been repeating itself and it’s very out of the ordinary for me. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it came out negative, but I was still a week away from my expected period at the time. Could this be implantation bleeding, and is it worth it to keep testing? I know it’s supposed to remain light, but I’ve read even some ladies get a normal period while pregnant, I’m just very confused.. I want to consider it my period, but how spotty it’s been leaves me baffled and I’m desperate for some kind of answers. I want to test again today, but I’m still 6 days away from my period and don’t want to be going through money like crazy buying tests. It’s not adding up. Anyone have a similar experience? TYIA

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »