Talk

Advanced search

Are Cold symptoms really an early sign of BFP to come ??

(10 Posts)
Soda123x Thu 07-Mar-19 23:18:17

Hi,
Age 32, TTC #1, Cycle 2, CD 28
AF due anytime between today 7th & 15th March as have cycles 28-35 days.

Did a cheap test this morning and got a BFN.
No symptoms as of yet for either AF or BFP, or so I thought ?? I have started with a cold today, runny nose, bad headache and sooo exhausted. Luckily i was only on 1/2 a day at work so went to bed super early and when woke up headache had gone but nose still super runny (TMI sorry).

Anyways I've just seen on another post and then had to Google (knowing i shouldn't) a cold can be early symptoms of pregnancy ?? It could also just be a cold lol so I'm still in limbo and waiting for either AF or will retest in a few days if AF still not shown...

Has anyone started with a cold and then gone on to get a BFP ???

Fingers crossed for us all xx

Redskyandrainbows67 Thu 07-Mar-19 23:27:40

I can’t answer your cold question but I will point out that if you want to ttc seriously you should be able to know when your period is due. Because you need and should be able to work out when you’ve ovulated.
The bit of your period from bleeding to ovulation is variable is time
The bit of your period from ovulation to bleeding is fixed (eg 14 days or 15 days). It doesn’t change.
Therefore if one month your period is 35 days and your fixed bit 15 days you should know you’ve ovulated on day 20 and would then know peroid is due on day 35. If you ovulated on day 10 your period would be due on day 25 (10 + 15).
Often variable periods are because some months you don’t ovulate at all.
How do you know if/when you ovulate? You need to look for stretchy mucus that’s like egg white. The stretchier and the more of it is the more likely it is it’s ovukatiom day. You can also use ovulation sticks or temping.
You can only get pregnant really by having sex within 2 days before or the day of ovulation.
Good luck!

Soda123x Thu 07-Mar-19 23:40:28

Thank you.
I am quite new to all this TTC etc. It is only cycle 2. I came off the pill in June but we were really careful in other ways because we had our honeymoon in mexico in June and had to wait at least 6 months with the Zika virus risk. I started tracking my periods using the CLUE app. October, November, December and Jan were all 35 days, then feb AF came after 28 hence the not knowing if im due today which is CD 28 or 14th CD 35 ???
We started TTC just by DTD throughout last couple of months and especially during the FW clue app has given me, probs being abit niave but thinking it all happens naturally. Since being on this group though last few weeks I have noticed alot of people use OPKs to pinpoint ov date. I have ordered some to use next month (just incase) we don't get out BFP this time xx

RyvitaBrevis Thu 07-Mar-19 23:51:40

Just DTD a lot, especially when you spot 'egg white cervical mucous' is probably the best way! Clue is a useful app but it can't really predict your fertile window unless you give it more information (other fertility signs).

Any given cycle has around a 20% success rate for a fertile person, with a maximum chance of 50% on the most fertile day at the most fertile age, so even if you're timing it perfectly, you can see how it can easily take a few months. xx

Redskyandrainbows67 Fri 08-Mar-19 07:36:43

You are doing all the right things!
You need to discuss with your husband whether you want to try try or be more relaxed about it. If you want to try try then ovulation testing strips are really useful.
Timing is critical to successful Bfp!
Hope this month is successful for you though and you don’t need to think further!

kaytee87 Fri 08-Mar-19 07:40:27

*I can’t answer your cold question but I will point out that if you want to ttc seriously you should be able to know when your period is due. Because you need and should be able to work out when you’ve ovulated.
The bit of your period from bleeding to ovulation is variable is time
The bit of your period from ovulation to bleeding is fixed (eg 14 days or 15 days). It doesn’t change.*

Luteal phase it usually fixed but not always. Mine isn't fixed (I'm being tested for thyroid and other issues though).

Redskyandrainbows67 Fri 08-Mar-19 07:46:29

Kaytee - it’s usually fixed

But as you say if it isn’t then you have an (unusual) medical problem!
Why confuse the op? She’s just learning all this stuff - doesn’t need to know the exception before the rule!

kaytee87 Fri 08-Mar-19 07:49:11

She's not a child (presumably), if her luteal phase does vary by more than a couple of days then it would be helpful for her to know that there could be a reason.

Redskyandrainbows67 Fri 08-Mar-19 08:00:17

But she doesn’t - she has said her period are mostly 35 days except for one month.

Soda123x Fri 08-Mar-19 18:49:08

Sorry had such a busy day in work !
Thanks for all your inputs, I am new to all this so any info/advice i am very grateful for xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »