Talk

Advanced search

Girlfriend has missed here period (now on day 50) but still negative tests??

(12 Posts)
Lilkev88 Thu 07-Mar-19 16:58:21

Good afternoon,
I'm very new to this, but basically long story shortish… my partner has missed AF now on day 50 I think. We have done 3 test (urine) and all negative, which breaks our hearts every time as we both want to become parents. The stress of, is it isn't it is unbearable for me so god knows what she's going through.

All I want to know is, is it possible to have multiple negative tests and still be pregnant? Iv been trying to get her to go to the drs but I think the stress or disappointment of possible finding out its a NO is hard to take so think she may be putting it off.
Any help would be much appreciated.

loveskaka Thu 07-Mar-19 17:11:40

If her AL is usually quite consistent then she should really go to the doctors, she may well be pregnant and her levels aren't strong enough which would be concerning.

Tomtontom Thu 07-Mar-19 17:16:35

How old is your girlfriend, is she normally regular?

Does she have any symptoms at all?

crazychemist Thu 07-Mar-19 19:34:56

A doctor will just do an over the counter test, no better than what you have already taken at home. Missing one period is not all that unusual, particularly when you are stressed.

Try not to think about it if that’s at all possible. Wait a week, and then test again. But a doctor won’t be able to do anything unless there is more to this that just a missed period. Tests are pretty good, so a negative test almost always means no pregnancy.

You sound like you are trying to conceive. Does she have any idea of it she ovulated this cycle e.g. is she tracking temperature, or using ovulation prediction kits to track LH levels? A period normally turns up 2 weeks after ovulation, but many things can delay ovulation e.g. stress, diet, illness.

Jasmine1002 Thu 07-Mar-19 20:34:02

Is she having any symptoms?
I'm currently going through this and have been to the doctors and they have done my bloods to check to see if I am. Get her to book in at the doctors and speak to them.

Lilkev88 Fri 08-Mar-19 09:32:51

Thank you, they can be a bit over the 0lace now and again but never like this, I'll get her to the drs.

Lilkev88 Fri 08-Mar-19 09:38:54

She is 25, gets odd cramps now and again and a full heavy feeling as she describes it in her tummy. I'll get her down the drs I believe she has really low hcg levels hence why not showing on a test if she is, the test we using are the ones that detect 25 units or something so I'll try get the more sensitive ones. As for monitoring she uses the app so not overly accurate but it's always been fairly on point with when AF will come.

VenusStarr Fri 08-Mar-19 11:25:50

It could be she hasnt ovulated this month which is quite common and not usually a thing to worry about. If she was pregnant and has low hcg, I wouldn't think that was a good sign of a viable pregnancy.

Good luck, hope you get answers soon

snoringdoggo Fri 08-Mar-19 12:46:44

Is your girlfriend underweight ? Low body weight, being on a strict diets or even stress can delay periods.

Lilkev88 Fri 08-Mar-19 13:23:54

No not under weight her BMI is normal, healthy.

I forgot to add that a few weeks ago she was spotting very light pink for a day 1/2 but only when using toilet paper

Jasmine1002 Fri 08-Mar-19 16:10:31

That could have been the implantation bleeding. Has she got in at the doctors?

Lilkev88 Fri 08-Mar-19 16:29:25

No not yet, she is saying she will wait another week.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »