Talk

Advanced search

Help with pinpointing ovulation

(6 Posts)
92AP Thu 07-Mar-19 06:36:50

Hi ladies,

TTC #1 cycle 2 cd24.

Cycle 1 I didn't track anything so not sure where it fell there but cycle was 39 days (i'd been on the pill 10yrs before this).

Since day 1 of cycle 1 I have tracked my BBT and done LH tests ever day since day 12. My LG tests surged on day 22, 23 and again this morning. Yesterday I had loads of pain in my right lower side and quite abit of CM so I am positive I ovulated then, but my BBT hasn't surged so I don't know.

BBT dipped on day 22 quite abit (about 0.3), then came back up just a little higher than my average on day 23 but not enough for it to be a surge (about 0.1 higher than average or 0.4 more than day 22) and now its back about average today (about 0.1 less than yesterday).

Does this mean I haven't ovulated? Even though LH and symptoms say I have?

I feel like a crazy lady and im worrying the fact its all I can think about will ruin our chances this month.

CZFR Thu 07-Mar-19 12:29:52

Hey!

I think tracking BBT is not for everyone - depends on your routine! It works really well for me as I go to bed pretty much at the same time and get up at 6am on the dot everyday to take my temp and it seems to work fine. Also I think some people dont have as much of a rise as others. Another thing though is if you only ovulated yesterday it could take a few days for you to be able to see it! Mine takes about 3/4 days post ovulation to actually properly rise.

Sounds to me though if you have ovulation pains you have a pretty good way of knowing when it happens! Xx

raindropsinspring Thu 07-Mar-19 19:31:25

I would go off what your ovulation tests say for the time being - BBT is really hard to get right and can be affected by the smallest of things.
If you are concerned that you are getting an LH surge but not ovulating I would have a follicle tracking scan done (can be expensive) but worth it - but you are so early in your journey I would try a few more cycles of testing before paying for that

92AP Fri 08-Mar-19 07:11:32

Thanks!

Its gone way down again this morning! Im so confused. Im wondering if its because I sleep with a fan on and if the covers roll off me in the night im cold? I dunno.

Im not so concerned about not ovulating as I had the LH surge and pain and other symptoms like I should. Maybe BBT tracking just isnt for me and U should stop stressing and just stick to opks.

BuffaloCauliflower Fri 08-Mar-19 07:14:01

I use Natural Cycles for contraception, and also used it for a few months to TTC (before we decided to wait again) and it takes all the guessing out of BBT, the app learns your rhythms and can tell when you’re ovulating.

92AP Fri 08-Mar-19 11:13:44

@BuffaloCauliflower thats what im using but because my tempratures all over the place its making me more confused!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »