Talk

Advanced search

How to make the wait easier??

(4 Posts)
Wannabemumma95 Wed 06-Mar-19 23:14:58

Hey everyone, I’m new heresmile Well, I say I’m new, but I’ve spent hours trawling through some threads on here for years trying to find someone in my boat. Without much luck, I took the plunge and thought I’d just ask people myself in my own threadblush

So I’m 23, almost 24, I work full time and earn a decent wage I guess. I’ve been with my fiancé for 6 years, we have a very happy and solid relationship, we’re so lucky to have each other. For as long as I can remember I’ve dreamed of having a family of our own, and as the years pass, I find myself more and more desperate to have our own baby. OH says he wants to wait until we’ve bought our own place (right now we live in a little annex on the side of his parents house). I do get where he’s coming from, and I do want to be in a good position when we start a family, but I’m so so tired of waitingsad I’ve had severe broodiness since I was like 18! I’m watching all my friends and people our age have babies of their own, some even have two, and I just feel so left behind. I also feel extremely jealous, because I know we’re in a much better position financially, relationship wise and I know we would be so happy. All I think about daily is having a baby, I mention it all the time but OH just won’t budge until we have our own home.

How can I make the waiting easier? I feel like every month that passes is just more and more painful, I often think of the time I’m wasting that I could be spending with a baby of my own. I also really worry about the future, my mums getting older etc. I just feel like I’m so ready, and other than the house front, OH has said he would love nothing more than to start our own family. We won’t be buying a house for at least another couple of years, I don’t know how I’m going to wait that longsad any advice out there? Xx

cloudymelonade Wed 06-Mar-19 23:21:36

Do all the things that will be harder to do when baby eventually comes! Travel to places you want to go, go on spontaneous day trips, have girls nights, whatever floats your boat!

I'm totally the same as you, knew from about 19 that I wanted to be a mum. I'm now almost 25 and due my first baby in 8 weeks smile it may come sooner than you think.
I am so glad we got married and sorted a house out first, we're in such a nice place to have a baby, it would have been a struggle a couple of years ago.

Your time will come thanks

Wannabemumma95 Wed 06-Mar-19 23:25:31

So nice to know someone felt the same as me. We've been so so lucky and travelled to some amazing places, I felt like I used that as a distraction for a while and as much as I loved it, I'm so ready to settle down for the better adventures as a family. I just can't shake the feeling sadx

Wannabemumma95 Wed 06-Mar-19 23:39:43

Oh and congrats on the bubba!! @cloudymelonade flowersflowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »