Talk

Advanced search

Superdrug tests have gone all shite

(10 Posts)
VenetiaHall Wed 06-Mar-19 15:13:08

Has anyone else experienced this?

Superdrug tests were often seen as really good before. They've changed the packaging but thought they would be the same test. They now feel really cheap and nasty to use, but worse they don't actually seem to work! I've done 3, and in 2 of them the control line never appeared and the 3rd the control line did appear but it was ridiculously faint.

Total waste of £8 for 2 packs, and I'm going to have to go back to get FRERs...

cargghhh Wed 06-Mar-19 15:22:57

I found this last week! Brought a pack of 2 and after dipping both no control line came up on either. Just glad I had brought a CB and FRER as well otherwise I'd have been gutted!

PartRadish Wed 06-Mar-19 15:54:25

Yeah they've changed, and not for the better. I bought 3 twin packs last month and only one test worked. The others the pee didn't move up the stick until I cracked the case open 10 minutes later. Really odd.

Shame as they used to be one of the best!

Lammoshay Wed 06-Mar-19 15:55:44

Same I used two and one was ok and one dud x

NeoJR Wed 06-Mar-19 16:27:40

What have you guys found with this, BFN? I bought two packs for £8 last week too, AF 9 days late but 2 negative superdrug tests, first one the control line didn't show up until I tipped the test. A bit worried now, I've been assuming it's just a missed AF but lots of cramps etc x

cargghhh Wed 06-Mar-19 16:32:54

@NeoJR no control line came up for me at all, maybe try another test to be 100% sure?

NeoJR Wed 06-Mar-19 16:41:53

@cargghhh I will do that! I'll try FR to be sure. Should have gotten that 😅

VenetiaHall Wed 06-Mar-19 21:11:31

I had one BFN with a very weak control line, and two where the control line didn't show up at all... hmm

whyhaveidonethis Thu 07-Mar-19 06:15:07

I hope you took them back for a refund! I called up boots years ago when this happened with there's and they said to take back the box and they refunded me.

MrsRLM Thu 07-Mar-19 15:40:21

I haven't used them myself because the reviews on the website were so terrible I didn't bother. I also saw a post ages ago from someone saying the found exactly the same test/stick in the pound shop, just with different packaging. So that probably says it all!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »