Talk

Advanced search

Strange nipple pain - am I pregnant?

(10 Posts)
littlerose13 Tue 05-Mar-19 14:20:18

So my boyfriend and I aren't actively trying to conceive but had unprotected sex the day before and after ovulation. I've never been pregnant before but my family have a history of high fertility so I've been super nervous because since around 6/7 dpo I've had extremely sore nipples. Not really the boobs but rather just the nipples are constantly erect and sore, like a pinching pain. I do occasionally get breast pain the day before my period is due but it's usually my whole breast and lasts just a day. I'm 11 dpo now and took a test yesterday (10 dpo) which appeared negative and I've got 5 days before my period is due so I'm extremely nervous as I've NEVER had this before but its extremely uncomfortable and sore to touch or brush against. Slightly TMI, but has anyone else had this (pregnant or not) because it does not appear to be going away. (Side note: I've had mild sore head and fatigue but that could be anything). Would people recommend testing soon or could you tell me your experiences? I'm super anxious! Thank you. x

BlueDotty Tue 05-Mar-19 14:26:50

With both of my pregnancies, I had EXTREMELY painful nipples from about the time my period was due, if not a little earlier. The first time I didn't know and went to the doctor blush. The second time I recognised it immediately. It felt like they were in a vice and it brought tears to my eyes. It lasted for months on and off. I called them nip attacks! I'd take that over sickness any day though. Take a test and I hope you get the result you want.

HalfBloodPrincess Tue 05-Mar-19 17:30:59

Permanently erect nipples were the only clue that I could be pregnant. Wasn’t even cold out - I got my bfp in August!

Good luck!

littlerose13 Tue 05-Mar-19 19:20:02

Thank you both so much for replying, thats really helpful and congratulations to you both! Ah its so nerve-wracking but bought some tests to take over the next few days. I completely forgot to mention that the tips of my nipples have gone a funny kind of white discolouration too - no clue what that means or if thats a sign too. Anxiously awaiting to find out haha. x

Chanel05 Tue 05-Mar-19 20:20:59

Fx for you @littlerose13, I hope you get your BFP. smile

Unfortunately, relatives fertility has no bearing on our own! It's down the the individual! My mum took two cycles to conceive both my brother and sister and then conceived me whilst on the pill, my Nan conceived after two cycles and my sister after two. I am on cycle 8 and have no hint of a bfp so far.

littlerose13 Tue 05-Mar-19 20:41:17

Thank you for the reply @Chanel05 smile

Oh really I honestly didn't know that, ah I'm veryyy new to learning about pregnancy and fertility but thats definitely good to know. Sending you all the best, hopefully the BFP's are just around the corner! x

BlueDotty Tue 05-Mar-19 22:11:02

Mine went sort of white too!

littlerose13 Wed 06-Mar-19 08:58:23

UPDATE: Ahh so took a test this morning and there was a very very faint line! Trying not to get my hopes up or anything but don’t know what to think! It’s very faint and appeared more visibly after the 5 minutes but both my boyfriend and I saw a line. Wish I could post a pic shock Any thoughts? x

HalfBloodPrincess Wed 06-Mar-19 09:05:17

Get a first response test! I got a faint line at 11dpo. Good luck🤞🏻

littlerose13 Wed 06-Mar-19 09:48:08

Thank you @HalfBloodPrincess smile . Ahh they are so expensive here (and I'm a university student haha) but will have to get one at this point! x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »