Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to have regular periods and not ovulate?

(4 Posts)
xmairix Tue 05-Mar-19 11:47:11

Hi everyone, hubby and I have been ttc our 2nd baby since September with no joy as yet. I am a very regular 27/28 day cycle and have started using the One Step ovulation tests to find out where I'm at. I have in the last 6 months had a positive on an ovulation test but for the last few months all I am getting is the control line and not even the faintest of test lines so I'm starting to worry that I'm not even ovulating. I did get quite a bit of pain for the first 3 months round about when I'd have expected to ovulate but have had nothing for the last 3 months.

I just don't know whats going on. I'm 32 this year so not sure if the doctor will entertain me if I go after 6 months to get any tests or if they will ask me to wsit a year.

physicskate Tue 05-Mar-19 14:13:24

Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

A doc would maybe see you after a year.

Do you only test once a day? The surge can be pretty quick! What cd do you start testing? Some people have better luck if they try a different brand.

xmairix Tue 05-Mar-19 15:29:05

I try from about cd10 through to cd17 and yes I only test once a day due to work commitments. I'm more concerned because a few months back I would have a faint line which is obviously a negative and I would see the progression into a positive test over a few days but now I'm not even getting a hint of a second line x

physicskate Tue 05-Mar-19 15:59:43

You can have lh in your system at any time. Sometimes it's a fast surge, and sometimes slow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »