Talk

Advanced search

Donor contract

(6 Posts)
Holly0095 Tue 05-Mar-19 11:17:29

Hi everyone, so my sperm donor has recently sent me his contract for me to read over mainly covering his side so I don't go to him for certain things such as child maintenance etc,
My question now is I would like to go to a legal personnel to make sure it's legit and that there is nothing I would need to add to it for my own safety and well-being and that of my future child. Has anyone else had there own contract written up as well or just gone along with the donors or none at all?? Tia

HalfBloodPrincess Tue 05-Mar-19 17:33:04

Not got any experience but just bumping the post for you.
You might get more replies if you asked for it to be moved over to the donor conception/parenting board.

MyDcAreMarvel Tue 05-Mar-19 18:07:43

It’s not legally enforceable so it’s irrelevent what it says.

Holly0095 Tue 05-Mar-19 23:55:51

Thank you for the useful bump, I have in fact posted it on the donor topic from on here but haven't heard anything and that was a day or so ago. X

Holly0095 Tue 05-Mar-19 23:57:17

I realise legally it's kind of worth poop but I still would like to have one to fall back on for any reason I might need to.

ColeHawlins Wed 06-Mar-19 00:03:54

* I realise legally it's kind of worth poop but I still would like to have one to fall back on for any reason I might need to.*

Respectfully, that doesn't make much sense.

If it's a personal agreement and not legally enforceable (which it isn't in the U.K.), then there's no point in a lawyer looking at it and it won't be any use as a "fall back" if one of you decides to ignore it.

Are you in the U.K.? Why did you rule out a sperm bank?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »