Talk

Advanced search

Possible for OPK to miss LH surge?

(6 Posts)
deathbycats Mon 04-Mar-19 22:32:30

I’ve been using Home Bargains OPKs this week and have been getting progressively darker faint lines since the weekend. Never a positive test though, and today it was around 5pm I had the opportunity to test which was later than normal. Today I’ve been a bit crampy, had the odd one sided shooting pain (normal for me around ovulation) and my boobs are bigger/more tender. Is it possible that I’ve missed the LG surge on the OPKs? I’ve run out of those ones now.

I’ve ordered some internet cheapies which will arrive on Wednesday but I’m tempted to go and but another OPK tomorrow to test again while I wait...

deathbycats Mon 04-Mar-19 22:34:31

LG?? LH surge.

Newbie21 Mon 04-Mar-19 23:40:14

It is possible to miss it yes. I don't think you can be 100% sure. Temping would help confirm if you do that. If you can buy some more OPKs straight away so you reduce the possible gap then you could keep testing for another 5 days or so. Are your periods usually regular and do you know if you usually always ovulate? Maybe just keep dtd if you can for a bit longer and fingers crossed it'll work out.

Sorry not a very scientific answer but best of luck. I use CB advanced OPKs and they are quite costly but do tend to indicate the surge but then I don't temp so I don't know exactly when I ovulate after the surge.

deathbycats Tue 05-Mar-19 08:23:56

Thanks smile the issue I’ve been having is that I didn’t ovulate in February, so no period and plenty of BFNs. I’m going to nip into town after the school run this morning to get some more tests, and hope I don’t have to resort to buying the expensive ones.

A quick CP check this morning and it was quite hard to reach, compared to last week when I was worried about prolapse it was so low 😅

Newbie21 Tue 05-Mar-19 20:52:34

It's so hard having to guess what our bodies are doing all the time. Whilst TTC you become so in tune with your body but then you get a random cycle and it throws everything off! I hope the OPKs give you more of an indication so you can work your body out! Good luck.

deathbycats Wed 06-Mar-19 10:01:08

AF appears to have arrived today, so that'll explain why I've not been getting a surge! This has been a messed up cycle (42 days, 13 days longer than my average), so I'm glad I know where I stand now at least.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »