Talk

Advanced search

Anyone felt better after copper coil removal?

(11 Posts)
Tillytrotternotbrianpotter Sun 03-Mar-19 08:27:09

Hi all,I’m wondering if any one had positive reactions to copper coil removal, I have suffered heavy periods for years,and getting it removed soon,as I’m 50 and had ultrasound scan to check if I had fibroids,polps etc, I was told all fine but I should consider coil removal as there is little chance of getting pregnant now,any thoughts or advice much appreciated,ps not worried about pregnancy,just will my symptoms of heavy periods be better?

AFistfulofDolores1 Sun 03-Mar-19 08:32:23

Oh yes. Much lighter periods, far less pain. It was a bit painful to take out.

Charliesmum123 Sun 03-Mar-19 08:37:41

Lovely thanks that’s what I was hoping

Charliesmum123 Sun 03-Mar-19 17:00:07

Has anyone heard of copper coil being toxic for your body,causing headaches and heavy bleeding?

Lymphy Sun 03-Mar-19 18:47:54

The copper coil is 100% hormone free so it shouldn’t cause headaches or other hormonal side effects. It can and commonly does cause heavier and longer periods in women.

AFistfulofDolores1 Sun 03-Mar-19 19:54:31

My mother nearly died of poisoning from a much older copper-T - but this was in the 1970s.

Prequelle Sun 03-Mar-19 19:56:52

Yep. I ended up removing mine myself (I would not recommend this but I am a gynae nurse) because I was having contraction like pains and I couldn't get anyone to remove it for me. The pain stopped instantly. The bloat went down within an hour. The bleeding reduced significantly.

Charliesmum123 Sun 03-Mar-19 20:03:28

Wow respect for removing it yourself! I’m booked into the doctors end of March,I’m glad you’re feeling better without it,thanks for your message

Charliesmum123 Sun 03-Mar-19 20:07:06

That’s awful what nearly happened to your mom,I’m not convinced it is much better now as you can get some kind of toxins from the copper,it’s released into your uterus and causes swelling.

Prequelle Sun 03-Mar-19 20:20:08

Thanks charliesmum! I'm very lucky I have long fingers blush although I suppose I could have gotten some forceps from work if push came to shove. It was the best relief ever after it was out

Nfis Sun 03-Mar-19 21:11:40

I had one a few years ago but only for a year as it made my AF much longer and much much heavier. So a year in I went to the docs and she was amazed I'd lasted that long when I told her how bad it was. Having it removed was the best thing I did! Felt great afterwards. Had a mirena fitted instead and it was a dream in comparison. Now that's been removed and TTC #1

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »