Talk

Advanced search

Struggling to conceive number two

(8 Posts)
Marshnic Sun 03-Mar-19 06:40:51

We took around 6 months to conceive our daughter and at the time it felt like the longest 6 months of my life. It put a massive strain on my marriage and ironically the month I conceived was the month my husband and I were at breaking point with each other. My daughter is now three and I've been off the pill since April. I'm now approaching cycle 11 of trying and last month (and possibly this month) my period has been different. I average a 31 day cycle and have chartered my bbt since Jan as an attempt to try something new. It seems I'm ovulating around day 18/19. I'm now on day 33 of my cycle and have 2 separate incidents of spotting since the early hours of day 32. I've also had loose stools for a week. My bbt has remained above the cover line. Usually my period starts and the flood gates open as such for at least 4days. The last month my bleeding lasted 3 days if I was lucky and it started off as spotting with one day of flown then it stopped again. Why is my period not coming to much? Is this affecting my chances? I apologise for the long post if I'm honest I'm at my wits end with trying especially as so many mums I met first time are onto their second with apparent issues.

keepforgettingmyusername Sun 03-Mar-19 06:46:12

I take it you're having negative tests still? You have my sympathies, I'm on cycle 11 on ttc #2 also and have had multiple miscarriages during that time. DS was a straightforward conception! I believe spotting before a period can be a sign of low progesterone but I think only if it's happening regularly not just as a one off.

Marshnic Sun 03-Mar-19 06:59:37

I haven't taken a test yet as I can't bare the result but I feel like I need do one to know either way. Would low progesterone show up in bloods taken by a GP? I had them done a couple of months ago so my period was over a week late with negative pregnancy tests and I think they were all OK x

Michellebops Sun 03-Mar-19 08:42:12

Please do a test. It's your only way of being certain.

And good luck 🤞

Marshnic Sun 03-Mar-19 08:53:28

I've had more blood when I first woke up this morning, think I'm out sad

SARmum14 Sun 03-Mar-19 12:05:39

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have a DS, just turned 3 who we were so lucky to quite literally conceive overnight! It was such a lovely pregnancy and I think I was a little naive about the whole thing. I will add that I was also 33 at the time and am now 36. Fast forward to last year, and DH and I wanted to start trying for number 2. We were surprised that it took us a little while, 5 cycles in total I think. Eventually had BFP at Xmas and were overjoyed, only to have a MMC and ERPC nearly three weeks ago. I’ve never known sadness like this, but absolutely determined to start TTC again. I feel like I’ll only be happy if I’m pregnant again. I’m yet to have my BFN following the ERPC but have already started TTC in case I’m one of those few luck women who falls pregnant within weeks of their MC.

I don’t know. None of this makes sense. But just wanted to say hi and that I’m in the same boat. I’m currently frantically researching and trying everything that might help, because I’m worried about my age (soon to turn 37). I’m doing acupuncture to help with recovery from the MC and just ordered some Ubiquinol after some ladies suggested it on another thread. Have started tracking my temps again but know there’s no point in doing OPKs whilst there’s still HCG in my system.

How’re you getting on @marshnic? Did you do a test? Trying to brave up and do mine today to get the BFN and start to move on from the MC

Michellebops Sun 03-Mar-19 12:34:29

@SARmum14 I'm sorry you're going through this. I had a mmc in October and was just over 9 weeks till I got negative tests and my cycle back.
I'm on my 3rd cycle of ttc and currently 7dpo with no symptoms at all.

I understand your feelings as It was the same for me. Please allow yourself at least one full cycle to 1. Put your mind at ease that your body is recovering and 2. Be able to identify when you are ovulating and ensure that your body is doing what it is supposed to be doing then you can pinpoint the right times.

It's the most heartbreaking thing I went through and truly understand.

Much love 💖

Marshnic Sun 03-Mar-19 12:40:04

I'm so sorry to hear this @SARmum14 it's so difficult to keep positive isn't it. I haven't taken a test yet, had some more blood this morning no where a normal period flow. Going to see how the rest of the day goes and buy a test tomorrow. I just hate wasting money on a negative result

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »