Talk

Advanced search

Dealing with the BFN disappointment...

(5 Posts)
NU035 Sat 02-Mar-19 15:46:33

Only on cycle 2 but waited until 2 days before my period was due to do a First Response Early Detection this morning... BFN! My cycle varies in length but I used Clearblue digital OPK so I knownits been around 13/14 days since ovulation. Two cycles is nothing I know, but if one more person says ‘and we decided to try but then changed our mind after a month.. whoops too late! I’m pregnant!’ I think I’ll scream haha! Urgh, the disappointment is awful!

girlneedshelp Sat 02-Mar-19 16:19:41

Me and my partner are also on cycle 2 for 1st baby.. I’m due AF on the 5th and eagerly waiting! We are using a sperm donor so everything is tracked 100% which I think makes the waiting worse! Fingers crossed for you x

Sleepyquest Sat 02-Mar-19 16:31:14

We are cycle 2 as well! I'm awaiting AF to come within the next couple of days. I know 2 cycles is short but part of me thinks if it doesn't work this time then who's to say it will ever work!? It took me a couple of years to feel ready and now I am, I want that little bundle NOW smile

NU035 Sat 02-Mar-19 16:35:16

@girlneedshelp I bet it does! I’ve tried to just enjoy not knowing but then the reality hits!

@Sleepyquest I couldn’t agree more! It makes you worry doesn’t it even though 2 cycles seems like nothing compared to some! We have spent the past 11 years (getting together young) Doug everything we could not to fall pregnant and now we want to be, nothing!

chestnut9 Sat 02-Mar-19 16:50:29

I don't want to sound unsympathetic but I do think you need to adjust your expectations! (Though I felt exactly the same as you after two months! It took 10 in the end).

As human females our bodies are adapted to be relatively infertile (compared to most mammals who get pregnant 90% of the time on one session of mating in heat!) Because giving birth is (naturally) much dangerous for humans than other mammals, and because our babies take such a long time to grow/raise, it would be too exhausting and dangerous if we got pregnant easily.

Nature intends it to take a good few cycles to protect the mother. So remember that when you're cursing your barren womb after 2 months wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »