Talk

Advanced search

Do you not get a withdrawal bleed with mini pill?

(13 Posts)
Comps83 Fri 01-Mar-19 17:19:25

After years on the combined pill with the monthly withdrawal bleed coming like clockwork I had to switch to the mini pill due to migraines. On combined I would bleed after 4 days but it’s been 2 weeks off the mini and nothing.
Is coming off the mini totally different to coming off the combined?

MilkItTilITurnItIntoCheese Fri 01-Mar-19 17:24:57

Why are you having a break? My mini pill is in a 28 day pack and you take them back to back. Surely if you've stopped for 2 weeks then you have absolutely no contraceptive cover? Even if you have no 'period' during a 7 day break if you have a 21 pill pack you need to take the next pack on time don't you? Or are you coming off to ttc? In which case it can take a while for your own hormones to kick back in.

Comps83 Fri 01-Mar-19 17:28:41

TTC
I just expected it to be exactly like coming off the combined
I never wanted to go on the mini pill, I had a total melt down in the doctors when she me I had to come off combined .i never had any problems with cycles going back the normal either

Lweji Fri 01-Mar-19 17:29:13

It looks like you'll have to wait for ovulation, then 14 days till the actual period.
Have you had any signs of ovulation? Or pre-menstrual signs?

Comps83 Fri 01-Mar-19 17:30:01

No, nothing

kaytee87 Fri 01-Mar-19 17:30:12

I didn't have a withdrawal. Think my periods came back about 6 weeks after coming off it.

Comps83 Fri 01-Mar-19 17:33:07

Ah I’ll just have to wait . Think I’m just annoyed as I already hate the mini pill. Too unpredictable.

Hikari92 Fri 01-Mar-19 17:59:23

I came off the pill beginning of jan and the last time I had a period was 72 days ago. I haven't had a withdrawal bleed either and like you having previously been on the combined I expected it to come back as well. Having spoken to alot of other people on here in the same boat it seems to be quite common

Comps83 Fri 01-Mar-19 18:29:54

I suppose I just didn’t consider that there maybe be differences between the 2 pills. If id not had a bleed on my week off with the combined then I would have been very concerned but that never ever happened.
I’ve bought a bulk load of tests and will take one every week and will just have to be patient

MrsMcNtobe Fri 01-Mar-19 19:26:41

I waited 42 days for a bleed after coming off the mini pill x

Comps83 Fri 01-Mar-19 19:30:09

Damn the bloody mini pill! grin

Comps83 Tue 05-Mar-19 13:35:36

Ok. So I might be imagining it. And I won’t say anything to DH and I’ll do another test next week but I think there is a very faint line on my test.

Comps83 Wed 06-Mar-19 09:41:58

Yeah. I was imagining it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »