Talk

Advanced search

Not ovulated this month period 10 days late

(4 Posts)
seven201 Thu 28-Feb-19 19:13:34

I don't know why I'm posting this really. I've been trying for dc2 for 14 months now. My cycles are usually around 32 ish days. Now on cd 42 and no sign of my period. I use OPKs and haven't had a positive or even nearly a positive in that time. We've been having sex every other day for the last 22 days! I am FED UP! I was very stressed a few weeks ago. Do you think that's all it is? My googling has shown you should wait 3 months and if still no period to see your gp. Annoyingly I finally saw a fertility doctor 2.5 weeks ago and said my cycles were ok! Anyone else had something similar? I had a 50 day cycle the one after a miscarriage early last year, but that's not unusual I think.

seven201 Thu 28-Feb-19 19:14:24

Forgot to add that pregnancy test was negative - not that I thought I was!

physicskate Thu 28-Feb-19 19:48:27

If you didn't ov, this is what we'd expect to happen. You will either eventually have an anovulatory bleed or ovulate. If you do eventually ovulate, your period (or bfp) will arrive your standard luteal phase later (for most people it's roughly two weeks later).

If you don't get a bfp or af by the time you hit two/three normal cycle lengths, your gp can give meds to induce a bleed.

Stress is a huge factor in delaying/stopping ovulation. Any change in routine can cause it.

seven201 Thu 28-Feb-19 19:53:55

Thank you so much physicskate. That does make sense. I think it probably was stress induced then.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »