Talk

Advanced search

Is it hopeless?

(7 Posts)
BexGray18 Thu 28-Feb-19 18:57:14

So I’m 35 and my partner is 51. I know it’s a big gap!
I have children from a previous relationship and he’s has one too.
But we are struggling to conceive. I had the coil fitted and was removed months ago. I track my cycle, our sex life is amazing! But nothing. Is it the age thing? Is it hopeless? Any help appreciated

physicskate Thu 28-Feb-19 19:49:42

About 80% of couples will conceive within 12 cycles. 90% with 24. You mentioned 'months ago' so maybe you just need more time.

AssassinatedBeauty Thu 28-Feb-19 19:53:24

Is he doing everything he can to increase his fertility?

BexGray18 Thu 28-Feb-19 22:25:00

Well he doesn’t drink, he’s physically fit and active, what else can he do? We both eat well, no processed food etc.
Guess I’m just impatient!

AnneLovesGilbert Thu 28-Feb-19 22:38:02

How long has it been? It’s true that no matter how relaxed you think you’ll be when you start ttc it can quickly be overtaken by panic - been there.

There’s no reason to think it’s hopeless if neither of you is known to have any issues so it’s probably just a case of giving it more time.

Do you know your cycle well? I loved temping to know what was happening when, even though we were dtd most days anyway.

BexGray18 Fri 01-Mar-19 07:32:24

It’s been 6 months, I track my cycle and symptoms. I think the more I read the more convinced I get that it won’t happen. He’s concerned because of his age too

BexGray18 Fri 05-Apr-19 11:41:18

Ok so I am 8 days late, no sign of my period, doesn't feel like its coming yet every test I do is negative!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »