Talk

Advanced search

Getting rid of post vasectomy scar tissue?

(3 Posts)
PeoniesGinandBags Thu 28-Feb-19 18:22:43

Hi everyone,

Long shot but I think it’s worth asking! Does anyone know any treatments for scar tissue that can build up in the vas deferens after a vasectomy reversal?

Put simply, my DH had a reversal 10 years ago but his tests afterwards showed no sperm getting through. The consultant said that the scar tissue was blocking anything getting through.

Since then we have gone on to have 5 cycles of IVF and have our lovely DS. I’m desperate for another baby but DH does not want the emotional (or financial) toil of IVF again.

Is there anything anyone has read about of heard of to treat the block in the vas deferens? Aside from more surgery? I know it sounds daft but I just keeping thinking there must be SOMETHING that’s been shown to have properties to reduce the scar tissue build up?,

Thank you for any help xxx

jmc96 Thu 28-Feb-19 20:50:09

Hey! Might want to give serrapeptase a google, supposed to be really good for scar tissue, lots of women have used this to help with Fallopian tube blockages, so it may work for your other half also!

It's basically an enzyme found in silk worms that break down scar protein when taken in high doses ! Here's a link with some information 🙂!

https://blog.bulletproof.com/serrapeptase-benefits-dosage/

Good luck x

PeoniesGinandBags Fri 01-Mar-19 16:46:10

Thank you so much for this - I'll investigate! Things change so much fro month to month (let alone year to year!) with fertility treatments so I thought there must be something we could try!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »