Talk

Advanced search

Vasectomy reversal Newbie..

(5 Posts)
lucymx1 Thu 28-Feb-19 11:21:06

Hello,

I would like some advise if possible? my partner had a VR last week at the age of 49, after 16 years of vasectomy and has 2 previous children. I am 26 with no previous children. Does anyone have any VR success stories after such a long time?

also, some help if possible - what vitamins or anything else do people recommend when trying to conceive?

I am a bit nervous as I tried to have children approx. 4 years ago with my previous partner but no luck after 1 year of trying even though doctors told me everything was ok with both our fertility?

Frustratedfrenchie Thu 28-Feb-19 11:22:32

We are 2 years post reversal. It had been 15 years since my DH had his vasectomy.

Sorry to say for us it hasn't be successful yet. He had a test after 12 months and had swimmers but only a 10% chance of successful conception sad

Jeds55 Thu 28-Feb-19 11:53:49

My friend is 14 weeks pregnant. Her partner had VR after a long time (his child is 26) so it can be successful. I think it took them a year and half but obviously don't know how often they dtd etc!!
I would take folic acid and Vitamin D. You can also buy a multivitamin just for conceiving (Sorry can't remember the name). Good luck

Derbee Wed 10-Apr-19 02:49:54

@Jeds55 do you know which surgeon your friend used?

Jeds55 Wed 10-Apr-19 12:58:06

@Derbee
Sorry I don't. It would be around Wiltshire, Bath sort of way.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »