Talk

Advanced search

ttc number 3 after 2 c-sections

(9 Posts)
RFCMummy Fri 06-Jul-07 19:51:15

I have heard that c-sections can mak conceiving harder sometimes and just wondered if anyone else had experience of this. dd2 is only 7 weeks old but i am already thinking about ttc #3!! both my dd's were c-sections and we were really lucky to conceive dd2 on the 1st month of trying so my c-section from dd1 obviously didn't cause a problem!! just hoping we will be as lucky again when we try again next year

kittywits Fri 06-Jul-07 22:31:05

I had 2 sections and then 4 other children and i never had any probs conceiving. Good luck

ferbie Fri 06-Jul-07 22:41:32

I have had 2 section and just found out that I am expecting number 3. It took around 7 months to conceive this time whereas it only took a couple of months with the first two, didn't think it was going to happen. Might be due to my age though as I am now 35 and they say that when you hit 35 you're fertility drops!

RFCMummy Sat 07-Jul-07 19:03:28

Thanks ladies.

Wow Kittywits, did you have 4 further sections or VBACS?

kittywits Sun 08-Jul-07 07:05:32

RFCMummy, they were vbacs

RFCMummy Tue 10-Jul-07 11:06:16

well done Kittywits. I am thinking of maybe a VBAC next time but am very scared!

MrsBond Tue 10-Jul-07 11:43:07

Hi RFC
I have had 2 c/s and would like to TTC no3 next year - so this subject is close to my heart. Didn't reolise having c/s could make conceiving more difficult - have not heard of this.

Anyone had experience of more than 2 c/s? Not sure can handle the idea of Vbac after previous experiences.........

canmummy Tue 10-Jul-07 11:50:17

I've had 3 sections (middle one a failed vbac) no problems. I conceived straight away with no2 and no3 it took me longest to conceive dd1 before my sections!

amariage Thu 12-Jul-07 17:39:06

hi i've had 3 c-sections and have just caught pregnant again within 2 weeks of coming off a treatment called zoladex which is for polycystic ovaries and is suppose to stop you ovulating.My doctor says I must be the most fertile woman in britain lol.So c-sections have most definetly not had an effect on me getting pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now