Talk

Advanced search

Help - I thought I was ready but I’m terrified

(4 Posts)
Riley1989 Wed 27-Feb-19 11:23:00

Hiya everyone - some of you may have seen my thread about coming off my pill TTC #1 with my husband but .... since coming off the pill and having my first period I now feel absolutely terrified about even TTC let alone being pregnant and actually becoming a mother 😟 I was so so ready when we decided I was going to come off my pill but now I just keep having these moments where I don’t know if I can do this! I’m so terrified I’m going to be a bad mum - I just don’t know if this is normal but since the time has come round now that we can start DTD and actually start trying I keep putting my husband off saying I don’t feel well or I have a headache or I’m tired! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME 😢 I feel so upset with myself!!! Any advice or previous experiences welcome ❤️

Mrsmummy90 Wed 27-Feb-19 11:37:23

It's completely normal to feel this way! Having children is a huge change of lifestyle and you don't know what to expect!

The fact that you care so much about being a bad mum usually says that you will be a great mum! Bad mums don't care.

Take your time and be honest with your husband. Chances are he's just as nervous but it's something you might want to work through together.

I wish you all the best xx

Riley1989 Wed 27-Feb-19 11:46:26

@Mrsmummy90 Thank you so much for your reply!! I think it’s just shocked me at how fast my excitement has turned into being terrified! Thank you for your comment about being a great mum I just worry so much that I’m not going to know how to deal with certain things as a new mum and that will make me a bad mum if that makes any sense xxxx

Mrsmummy90 Wed 27-Feb-19 12:02:19

I completely understand.
It's true that you pick things up as you go along but you're only human, there's no way you can know it all if you've never done it.

I have experience with looking after children so thought I'd be set but when they handed me my tiny person, I had a wave of 'oh crap! What do I do?'. There were definitely times that I felt I had no clue what I was doing and I still feel like that sometimes but it's all a huge learning curve.

I have found that baby groups are a godsend. It's nice to find like minded mums who are just getting through the baby stage the best they can. There's a sense of community and you're all feeling your way through the dark together.

Being a parent is the amazing, hilarious, stressful, exhausting, beautiful, terrifying, satisfying, wonderful and crazy! I wouldn't change it for the world.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »