Talk

Advanced search

Pregnacare or Seven seas?

(9 Posts)
EssJayyCee Tue 26-Feb-19 20:21:15

Any others?

Which vitamins would you recommend?

Emeraldbridge Tue 26-Feb-19 20:39:30

I preferred seven seas. Smaller tablets and didn’t make me feel nauseous like pregnacare!

DinoMamasaurus Tue 26-Feb-19 20:41:17

Another vote for Seven Seas. Taken them in two pregnancies now with no complaints.

HK20 Tue 26-Feb-19 20:43:10

I prefer Seven Seas as Pregnacare leave a horrible taste in my mouth.
The fact they're half the price is also a bonus!

Carolcool Tue 26-Feb-19 20:54:44

Pregnacare made me soooo sick. Ended up just on a vitamin D and folic acid tablet.

lnfb Tue 26-Feb-19 21:21:50

I just took 400mcg folic acid pre conception (just the Aldi ones) and now I'm pregnant I take the 'healthy start' vitamins free from midwife which contain folic acid (same 400mg), vit C and vit D.

I found pregnacare in the past to be seriously constipating but again its a personal thing. The only thing you need pre conception is folic acid and some sources also argue some vitamin D too. I would be reluctant to spend money on the pregnancy vitamins again though as I have loads of pregnacare vitamins sitting around now untouched lol.

They recommend if your BMI is over 30 or you have certain health conditions you should take high dose 5mg folic acid instead. I think you can buy this fairly easily online!

Hollywhiskey Wed 27-Feb-19 01:41:53

Just to add though- I don't know anything about seven seas but pregnacare contains iron. When I had my first I lost 2l blood nearly and I was fine, no transfusion or anything which I put down to taking iron right through pregnancy. Friends lost significantly less blood and were really ill or needed transfusion but none had been able to stomach the stuff. So i would take it if you can.

SlangBack Wed 27-Feb-19 02:49:49

Pregnacare made me want to throw up constantly envy

The relief when I realised the connection was life changing. I felt soooo much better when I stopped them & saved money.

I took folic acid only.

lnfb Wed 27-Feb-19 10:06:54

@HollyWhiskey this is a good point about the iron, I worry about this a little. Hoping if I am anaemic when I get midwife bloods they will prescribe ferrous fumarate or spatone which I think is more digestable. I was on ferrous sulphate a while ago for non pregnancy related anaemia it made me so constipated and nauseous

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »