Talk

Advanced search

Scared of this baby not being my boyfriends.

(30 Posts)
Annymousmama Tue 26-Feb-19 19:04:51

So in september I found out I was pregnant. Okay so let me start off with all the dates. My last actually period was in August. August 23rd BUT im worried about it not being a real period. How would I have known? I didn’t look up anything about conception until I was Atleast two months along. So by that time my period was very much over. The other guy I slept with. I don’t remember the exact date but I know for a fact it was before the 23rd of August. Maybe a week or maybe two weeks. Well the first sonogram lined up with the first week of September which would be my boyfriends. But I’m just worried about the sonogram being off or something surprising us. I just want it to be my boyfriends baby more than anything. Do I have anything to worry about?

BitchPeas Tue 26-Feb-19 19:05:55

What’s your due date?

Annymousmama Tue 26-Feb-19 22:01:46

May 30th

Valdy Tue 26-Feb-19 22:03:41

Assuming you've had your dating scan, can you not date your due date back to point of conception?

Annymousmama Tue 26-Feb-19 22:04:52

Due date is May 30th
First sonogram on 11/12/18 it says I was 11w4d and then at the bottom it says 12w2d

Feelingfullandreadytoclean Tue 26-Feb-19 22:05:01

Does your boyfriend know you cheated on him? Does he have any idea it may not be his baby? Does the other guy know you are pregnant? Would this other guy think it's his baby?

Annymousmama Tue 26-Feb-19 22:05:36

So as long as the sex for getting pregnant was after August 21st it should be my boyfriends.

mumto3girlys Tue 26-Feb-19 22:07:13

According to online conception calender you conceived between 31st August and 5 September.

If your due date of 30th may was worked out via a scan then you must have had a proper period on August 23rd.

Annymousmama Tue 26-Feb-19 22:07:17

No me and my boyfriend weren’t even technically together at the time. He knows I was worried at first. Ever since we looked at the baby med conception calculator he hasn’t brought it back up because it says I got pregnant the first week of September. We started being official at the end of August.

MumUnderTheMoon Tue 26-Feb-19 22:08:45

Does your boyfriend know there's a question here? 40 weeks back from May 30th is exactly 23rd of August. The only way to be 100% sure will be a DNA test once baby is born.

Annymousmama Tue 26-Feb-19 22:08:59

My first sonogram should of been the dating scan I think. It was like four days off ?? If it says 11w4d and also says 12w2d

Faroutbrussel Tue 26-Feb-19 22:09:52

Pregnancy conception calculator says most probable conception dates are Sep 1 - Sep 5.
I would trust the sonogram dating as being correct and try not to worry.

Valdy Tue 26-Feb-19 22:11:47

I would get a DNA once baby is born just so you know. I would imagine it isn't very nice for you or your boyfriend, but if the other man is the dad, he and your baby have every right to know. It's hard to tell whether your boyfriend or the other man is as there are just days between date of conception (which going by your due date would be Aug 23rd) and the time you say you slept with this guy. It's just too risky to assume your boyfriend is the father.

Podemos Tue 26-Feb-19 22:11:57

Those dates don't add up. I had my twelve week scan the same week as you and I'm due 24th June. Are you using American date system? Did you have the scan 12th November?

Annymousmama Tue 26-Feb-19 22:15:00

I don’t remember the date of the last time I had sec with the other guy but I think for sure it wasn’t right before my period.

Annymousmama Tue 26-Feb-19 22:16:51

Yes I had the scan nov 12th. And it says I was 11w4d and at the bottom it says 12w2d

Annymousmama Tue 26-Feb-19 22:19:43

How are you getting August 23rd because if tried every conception calculator possible and it always goes to the first week of September. And if it does go to August it goes to August 28th. That just wouldn’t make sense because I started a “period” on the 23rd. Now I’m really confused and worried if you think it was August 23rd. I read another ladies on here that had almost the same situation as me and it had me feeling a lot better about this situation. Even if it was August 23rd. I know for sure I had sex with my boyfriend on that day August 23rd.

Annymousmama Tue 26-Feb-19 22:21:42

Farout Bussle! Yes as long as it was between August 23rd-September 8 I’m okay and it will be his. But August 23rd would be cutting it close. But nothing else I’ve done has ever said August 23rd. Now I’m concerned if it shows up as that date.

NorthernBullet Tue 26-Feb-19 22:23:59

40 weeks includes half a cycle though, i.e. conception takes place on week 2 of the 40. So it's likely your partner's baby - I'd still do DNA after birth - this is something you need to be 100% sure about

Valdy Tue 26-Feb-19 22:28:23

Sorry @Annymousmama - dated back 40 weeks from your due date and got 23rd aug. Should've accounted the 10 days - 2 wks it takes after your last period.

MajesticWhine Tue 26-Feb-19 22:31:42

How would a period not be a real period? Do you mean that it might have been just a bit of spotting? I'm sure you would have noticed the difference.

Annymousmama Tue 26-Feb-19 22:45:06

Yeah that’s what I mean. On the internet it said that you can bleed during implant?? But as far as I knew it was like a real period. I always bled light anyways and only for like four or five days. But it was just like my reg period I think. Also Everyone is either saying August 23rd or beginning of September and those are very different things for me. I’ve always gotten september 2 on the calculator online. But I’ve never gotten August 23rd so now I’m really concerned.

Annymousmama Tue 26-Feb-19 22:46:52

Ya she knows and we are getting a dna test ASAP. I just want to know whether I should stay with him and let him be apart of the pregnancy or try and distance myself because I’m more worried about hurting him than anything. It would break my heart to make him go thru that are nd it be someone else’s. I’m very scare of loosing him. Last thing I want to do is hurt him.

MumCatx2 Tue 26-Feb-19 22:50:40

If he knows then its his choice to be involved with that risk of hurt. It sounds like its too close to call. Relax, you've been honest. Conception is not definite. Sperm can live in the body days after sex. Fertility and timing is different for every woman. Good luck with the pregnancy, however it turns out, you're carrying your reason for being.

speakout Tue 26-Feb-19 22:51:08

OP I would make an appointment with your midwife and talk things through with her.
It may become clearer about the dates - be honest and talk about the concerns you have.
I am sure it will help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »