Talk

Advanced search

When to test?

(9 Posts)
Leleophants Tue 26-Feb-19 13:07:38

I'm curious to see when people tested and when they got BFP along with any symptoms.

I'll start:
9dpo
No symotoms
BFN

I'm now:
12dpo
Testing tonight (will let you know!)
Suddenly felt nauseous this morning and very intense dreams that I was pregnant. This is the first time I've considered I really might be.

L0kiWh0 Tue 26-Feb-19 13:08:24

When I’d missed a period

welshsoph Tue 26-Feb-19 13:13:06

At first I tested too early - 8/9dpo - for months and drove myself crazy symptom spotting. Then made a decision not to test until my period was late, which helped me feel a lot less stressed about the whole thing

Yakadee Tue 26-Feb-19 13:57:29

I actually did test at 9dpo and got my bfp. This was because I'd had terrible sore boobs a day or two before and I just knew (same as with my first). Everyone is different though xx

Michellebops Tue 26-Feb-19 14:56:38

I'm only 2dpo and plan to wait this month until period due as I drive myself crazy symptom spotting only to feel sad.

Good luck with your testing.

pinkoi Tue 26-Feb-19 20:07:37

With my first I didn't test until the day after the longest cycle day I'd had in the last 12months although I wasn't trying to get pregnant so I think that was just be trying to avoiding the awkward conversation with my partner confused

Megan2018 Tue 26-Feb-19 20:13:39

Tested day after period due. Had no symptoms but got a strong positive.

I do think the symptom spotting is largely wishful thnking for most people, the mind is very good at convincing people things!

mila1988 Mon 04-Mar-19 09:55:42

I'm now 15 DPO no sign of AF which was due yesterday. symptoms:
- burning boobs - i only have sore boobs few days before AF
- constipation for the past week
- mood swings
- constant heavy/bloated feeling in abdomen rather than sharp cramps
and now not sure when i should test! maybe wait until the end of the week in case AF decides to arrive! sad

olderthanyouthink Mon 04-Mar-19 11:13:07

I tested 14 days after MAP and got strong positives even with evening pee so I think I could have tested a few days earlier and got faint positives.

Any early symptoms were put down to MAP because that mad me ill.

(I have irregular periods 30-55 days so missing a period wouldn't register for months)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »