Talk

Advanced search

should I do a scan?? can i be pregnant with low HCG levels?

(4 Posts)
detoke Tue 26-Feb-19 12:30:21

guys, do you think I should do a scan?
Basically I've been pregnant 3 times in my life. One successful and the other 2 not. (I knew cos I had cramps with all 3 and missed periods)
With those 2 pregnancies, pregnancy test came out negative, did bloods and the doctors said no chance till I basically had a miscarriage AND ectopic and only cos I started bleeding did they now give me some attention and scanned me.
Period did not come, was due on the 16th, 10 days ago. Im having major cramps that I usually do when im pregnant.
Went to A&E two days ago and the doctor LAUGHED and said there's NO CHANCE and I should look after my remaining ovary sad it made me so sad.
I told her that was the same issue with the other pregnancies and she laughed even more and said there is NO CHANCE.
BUT I feel pregnant :/ I know its crazy but I do. sad what do I do? I need a scan sad
advice pls? I really want some good news. I feel crazy!

VenusStarr Tue 26-Feb-19 17:46:11

Can you book a private scan? I think anytime from when you think you're 6 weeks. Have you had a negative test this time?

Michellebops Tue 26-Feb-19 18:49:28

Assuming you have tried a few different tests you could speak with your gp explain the situation.

They would be able to do a beta hcg test to check your levels.

Alternatively and I'm not saying definitely tell a lie but you could contact your nearest epu and tell them you're early pregnant and based on previous history you would like checked.

Last but not least a private early scan would check.

However based on your history there shouldn't be any issue.

And you can give feedback on your a&e doctor by going onto patient opinion. Although I don't think a&e is the correct place to go as they can't scan you.

Good luck Op

QuantumGirl Thu 28-Feb-19 18:56:13

@detoke have a look into the hook effect. I'm in a similar situation and it's the only explanation I can find.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »