Talk

Advanced search

TTC FOR 3 YEARS

(2 Posts)
clarenga Mon 25-Feb-19 08:07:42

Hi everyone, new to this. I have been trying to conceive with my partner for 3 years. We have been pregnant twice which has unfortunately resulted in miscarriages halo
I was in hospital recently (4days ago) and had a transvaginal ultrasound and the sonographer told me I had literally just ovulated. However I have woken up today and I'm bleeding sad I'm so confused because as far as I'm aware AF doesn't appear 4 DPO! Help!! I am rather upset sad(

Kinsters Mon 25-Feb-19 10:33:59

That must be so hard for you. Sorry for your losses, I had a miscarriage last year and it's so painful flowers.

Your luteal phase should definitely be longer than 4 days. Have you had any other tests to confirm when in your cycle you ovulate (like blood tests)? Or do you track your BBT which might also help? I guess you need to figure out how reliable the sonograohers assessment was. Did they visualise the actual moment of ovulation on the ultrasound? Did they compare to an ultrasound from the previous day and see differences? Or did they look at one ultrasound and see evidence that you'd ovulated?

I don't know how easy it is to tell from a single ultrasound when exactly ovulation occured. From reading it seems like you can get an idea but it's not an exact science.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »