Talk

Advanced search

TTC March Bus

(42 Posts)
MummyBearBoo Fri 22-Feb-19 18:36:13

Hi will anyone else trying for March?
I had a CP on my last cycle which meant my AF came 5 days late so I'm now not due to Ovulate til early March!
I have 1 DD who is 3 had a TFMR in October 2017 at 12 weeks (it was a boy) due to a genetic condition which has 50/50 chance of being passed on I can't proceed with the pregnancy if it is passed on!
This is my first time TTC as we weren't TTC to the first twice- this will be my cycle #4 for baby #2 I currently have a 40 ish day cycle so am not due too ovulate til CD 25/26 I'm currently on CD11 xx

MummyBearBoo Thu 28-Mar-19 19:22:46

AF came a day early try again for Aoril!!

MummyBearBoo Tue 19-Mar-19 12:23:50

Sorry AF came @MadgeMadsPads and@sukiandthekettle -mine is due a week today I feel quite chilled this month coz I totally don't think I'm pg at all - I kinda knew last month (though it only lasted 2 weeks!) xx

MadgeMadsPads Sun 17-Mar-19 07:37:34

BFN this morning so will wait for AF at some point this week.

Better luck for us both next month!

sukiandthekettle Sun 17-Mar-19 06:43:58

AF has started...hmm Wishing everyone the best of luck for some lovely sticky BFPs!! xx

MummyBearBoo Sat 16-Mar-19 16:19:35

I'm only 4 dpo I had a CP last month too so not gonna yet until my AF has completely missed sorry to hear about you BFN's -did you use a less sensitive test coz it is possible to get a false negative this early? Xx

MadgeMadsPads Sat 16-Mar-19 12:23:19

Sorry to hear about the BFNs.

I think I have another week until AF is due but I've never tracked my periods so I don't really know. I bought some FRER but have made DH hide them from me. Very tempted to do one tomorrow but don't want to be disappointed.

Had some symptoms but they've now disappeared so I think it was all just wishful thinking. I want to just wait for AF without testing but I don't think I'll be able to!

sukiandthekettle Sat 16-Mar-19 11:38:37

Had a weird couple of days of having a few very faint BFPs (between 8-9dpo) but only BFNs in the last 12 hours. Had a CP last cycle with strong BFPs that kept getting stronger until I was 4 days late for AF (then went BFN) so wondering if the same is happening just earlier. Should not test early but I can't help it. False hope of early BFPs sucks!

How's everyone else getting on? X

MummyBearBoo Sat 16-Mar-19 10:04:13

Anyone on 2ww now? Xxx

MummyBearBoo Sat 09-Mar-19 10:15:51

When is my positive OPK gonna turn up cd25 and still waiting!! X

MummyBearBoo Thu 07-Mar-19 15:07:24

It's ok - I usually eat 3 meals especially when it's a gym day but some mornings I miss breakfast or eat a big lunch then don't want dinner but i normally have 3 meals (just smaller than before) - 2 boiled egg whites and 1 slice of toast is my fave for breakfast coz its filing and like 111 calories then a tuna wrap with cucumber for lunch so then I've still got loads left to eat for dinner! Also drink wise I have sparkling water or tea hardly any calories, red wine isn't too bad (I measure it) and if you like lager the light stuff is best like bud light a bottle (300ml) is 80 calories! I still drink alcohol in the evening sometimes I don't really not eat anything except really sugary things coz PCOS causes insulin resistance so I need to eat a low sugar diet! I've also got a smart watch which tells me how many calories I burn just doing housework and stuff!
My app says ov is due tomorrow but I think it'll be Saturday or Sunday I didn't even have a faint line on the OPK this morning! Xx

sukisydney Wed 06-Mar-19 22:27:14

Wow well done! I used the same app last year but just got out of the habit of entering all my food and dropped it after a couple of months, so maybe I should just get back on it. Do you eat 3x meals/day or skip one? Sorry to get off topic, last weight loss q I promise!

MummyBearBoo Wed 06-Mar-19 21:24:55

I signed up to the My Fitness Pal app and set my calorie goal to loss 1lb a week which means I can eat 1,340 a day - so I've just reduced my portion sizes it was hard at first coz I was still hungry but it gets easier as your stomach shrinks a bit - I eat the same but less of it - also I switched to brown pasta and rice as it's similar calories (but better calories) and it's much more filling! It just helps knowing how many calories I'm eating and it makes me make better choices -I'll spend half an hour on the bike at the gym and two slices of white bread contains almost as many calories as I've burned doing that! So I'll have a small wrap instead of a sandwich - also I have 1 slice of toast with eggs Instead of 2 etc - I go the gym while my DD is at pre-school (usually only once a week but then walk 90 mins two other days taking her to classes) at first it was a chore but now it's my switch off and it puts me in a good mood and it keeps me sane just and hour and 15 mins to focus just on myself it's my me time!! I've lost 1st 6lb so far since November I've had Xmas, new year, my birthday, DD birthday and Valentine's Day since then too!! Xx

sukisydney Wed 06-Mar-19 21:02:41

Good luck to everyone in the 2WW! My cycle's off after my CP last cycle and DH has been ill in bed for the last week, but we DTD yesterday - think it was prob too late but may have just caught the egg... who knows!

@MummyBearBoo how have you lost the weight? I'm healthy BMI but a bit far over towards the overweight side so would like to lose half a stone - dropping alcohol has helped but I struggle to find an exercise I can stick to and I already eat pretty healthily. Any tips?!

MadgeMadsPads Wed 06-Mar-19 17:41:59

Thanks Mummybearboo. I've been following a very low carb diet as I read somewhere that was good for conceiving with PCOS, I don't weigh myself though as again, obsessive!

Good luck everyone!x

Charlotte9876 Wed 06-Mar-19 17:09:42

I'll jump in on this too if I may.

CD1 8th Feb
TTC #1
Cycle 1(ish)

Cycle day 1 was 8th Feb, and I thought I was going to ovulate 1/2 March (positive OPK on 28 Feb, EWCM leading up to it), but I've yet to see a temperature rise so wondering if perhaps I didn't ovulate. To complicate things, I was travelling back from holiday on a long haul flight beginning 2330 on the 1st, so missed a nights sleep and was generally jet-lagged - so I'm worried that might have put the egg off making it's appearance!

This will be our first month properly TTC - we made the decision to try and stopped taking my pill at Christmas and this is the first cycle where I've been trying to actually keep track and make sure we DTD at the right time.

MummyBearBoo Wed 06-Mar-19 17:07:53

Welcome - my advise to keep your sanity is to find something else to focus on too - I have PCOS too and so my cycles are about 40 days so fir me my other focus is losing weight I'm 4lbs off my goal when I get there I want to lose another 5lbs!! I am a healthy weight now (started out at about 11lbs above a healthy weight) - it just helps having another focus while you wait!! Xx

MadgeMadsPads Wed 06-Mar-19 16:41:06

Mind if I join?

TTC #1, had copper coil removed last Friday, currently on CD10 but have no idea when/if I ovulate as I have PCOS. I'm trying to stay relaxed about it and just DTD every other day. I haven't started tracking yet as I know I will get obsessed.

Any tips for keeping sanity with all the waiting are very welcome!

MummyBearBoo Wed 06-Mar-19 15:55:44

@limesoda - it's about a 1 in 4 chance if you DTD day before and day of ov but you could be that 1 this month you never know - I got pregnant cycle 3 but it turned out to be a CP so this is my cycle #4 - good luck to all xx

limesoda Wed 06-Mar-19 15:51:06

I'm joining this because I am driving myself INSANE.

TTC #1
Cycle .5
Cycle day 1 was on the 22nd February

We are only halfway through a cycle because we only decided to go for it then I realised I was probably vaguely in a fertile window 😂

Because I wasn't really checking properly (but do track my periods) I did an OPK yesterday and got the static smiley face. We have been having sex daily since Sunday so who knows? I have this really weird combination of accepting that it is very unlikely to happen so quickly but also obsessing over things quite a lot.

So much luck to all!

Kinsella82 Wed 06-Mar-19 11:53:37

@deathbycats fingers crossed your cycle regulates a bit now. It's so frustrating when they're longer than normal. Makes the months verrrry long!

I have bought a load of IC OPKs and I've been looking into SMEP as I think it'll give me something to focus on, marking off the dates in the calendar etc. It will also stop me symptom spotting and wondering about ever little thing I feel!

deathbycats Wed 06-Mar-19 10:04:32

AF has finally shown her face after 42 days here! I'm a bit relieved to be back to square one, if I'm honest. I hope things sort themselves out a bit for this coming cycle, and I'll be back to my usual 28 days.

Kinsella82 I'm going to be watching for symptoms, and using my cheapie OPKs from the start of my projected fertile period in the apps I'm using (Ovia and Glow).

MummyBearBoo Tue 05-Mar-19 23:24:17

Still waiting for my positive OPK should be Friday/sat but my CP last cycle might have messed it up!! Xx

kaytee87 Tue 05-Mar-19 07:35:08

A mixture of not feeling well, being busy and tired means we've only dtd twice this month. AF due around 15th, possible but not likely.

Fingers crossed for everyone still in the running.

Kinsella82 Tue 05-Mar-19 07:02:51

Hope you're ok @ale2992 sad hugs xx

AF has arrived with a bang this morning. sad
After a 37 day cycle!!!
Previous one was 28 days. So how on earth do I work out when I'm going to ovulate next?? Any advice?
I was pretty sure I wasn't pregnant so I just wanted AF to hurry up and arrive but at the same time it's disappointing to see it and now more waiting sad

MummyBearBoo Mon 04-Mar-19 15:08:30

*Meant that not they

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »