Talk

Advanced search

Ttc first time

(5 Posts)
2019bride Thu 21-Feb-19 20:27:35

Hi,

This is my first time starting a thread in this part of mumsnet. It's our first month ttc. I came off the pill in November 2018 and have waited until my cycle has settled. We started trying this month and my period is due any day now. I am a little bloated but it's not the same as normal. I know it's only our first month trying and it can take months or even years before getting lucky but I really want to be pregnant now! Is it unreasonable to feel a little disappointed if my period does end up coming? Is anyone else ttc baby number 1 too?

fabmaz Thu 21-Feb-19 20:58:59

Hi @2019bride,

I feel exactly the same! Haven't been trying for #1 that long but very disappointed in my fails so far. It's hard not to get obsessed but I'm just trying to relax and dtd often.

Fingers crossed for you 🤞

Lemonysherbet Thu 21-Feb-19 21:03:32

Hello @2019bride

I'm pretty new here too, in the tww for cycle 1 so I get how you feel. We weren't officially trying last month but I had lots of weird symptoms and convinced myself I was pregnant and I was actually so disappointed when I wasn't so I get how you feel! Don't be disheartened, just try and keep positive smile

palmtree80 Thu 21-Feb-19 21:14:42

Me too! But I came on 5 days ago. So gearing up for month number two.

Also I'm 39 sad

LKRJM Thu 21-Feb-19 21:30:23

Hi all! Just wanted to say that I had my implant out in late October and my periods didn’t even actually fully settle (43 day cycle to a 23 day cycle and so on) and we officially started trying January but my DP came down ill so only DTD 3 times (once in fertile period) and 23rd jan (23 day cycle aswell) my period came and I had a regular 5 day cycle and then a few days ago I got my BFP! We didnt quite do the SMEP but close enough and there we go, BFP! It can happen quickly if you DTD in your fertile period, also we used preseed for the first time this month every time so might be worth investing in some off Amazon xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »