Talk

Advanced search

I know you shouldn't trust OPKs for pregnancy but...

(17 Posts)
Needadoughnut Thu 21-Feb-19 18:46:59

Period is due until Monday-Sunday . I've been to the loo at least 6 times today (unheard of for me) and have some creamy white discharge. I'm around 10dpo and 8 days ago I believe I had the faintest of the positives but I tend to have eye lines so didn't think much of it. My OPK is almost positive though something that had never happened to me before this late in my cycle. What do you think?

VenusStarr Thu 21-Feb-19 18:53:06

You can have another surge before af so not sure it means much. It doesn't look near positive to me but that's not to say you aren't pregnant.

Needadoughnut Thu 21-Feb-19 19:07:34

It looks positive in person. Here's another pic smile

seven201 Thu 21-Feb-19 19:19:55

Have sex tonight. Your body may have failed to ovulate earlier on in the month so is trying again now.

Fizzytonicplease Thu 21-Feb-19 19:22:39

I had a positive OPK as i had some cramping and discharge and assumed i was either ovulating again in the same month or i had some dodgy tests, it was only after i googled and read that they can pick up pregnancy hormones that i went and bought a cheap pregnancy test...im currently 22weeks pregnant x

Needadoughnut Thu 21-Feb-19 19:40:25

Just bought a cheapie one , but need to wee sad it wouldn't be more than a 90 mind hold

Needadoughnut Thu 21-Feb-19 22:14:16

Well I'm preggers!

Iilana Fri 22-Feb-19 00:35:54

@needadoughnut congratulations!! That is a very clear bfp!!

What ov sticks were you using? Where do you buy them from? I'm gonna start doing opks soon.

Needadoughnut Fri 22-Feb-19 04:18:25

I bought them off Amazon. I think they're called one-step. The one thing I recommend is to take seven seas prepregnancy. I had been trying for 8 months took them for one cycle and bam! Pregnant smile

Fizzytonicplease Fri 22-Feb-19 06:07:31

Congratulations! Yep i used the amazon opk too! X

KatnissKringle Fri 22-Feb-19 06:28:23

Congrats! I had exactly the same symptoms as you in the tww and a nearly positive opk! All the best.

Needadoughnut Fri 22-Feb-19 06:54:16

Thank you!! I'm so excited I couldn't sleep!!

amehh Fri 22-Feb-19 07:34:24

Congratulations! I did the exact same, used an opk at 12dpo (why? Couldn't tell you, I just went nuts in those last few days!) And I had a similar bfp that night (and 2 stronger ones since)

Needadoughnut Fri 22-Feb-19 07:38:25

Thank you! Side note I'm glad how you all accept it's a positive rather than "I see it / I see a faint line" ... I think they sound pessimistic even if not intended.

HJWT Fri 22-Feb-19 07:41:34

@Needadoughnut Congrats!! I accidentally find out I was pregnant with an OPK at 7DPO 😂

Iilana Fri 22-Feb-19 08:26:43

@needadoughnut thank you for the advice I'll give it a try.
It's definitely positive no question. 🎉🎆👏

Needadoughnut Fri 22-Feb-19 08:41:18

To be fair I had no symptoms! Apart form weeing too much. Second time it happens. And I implantation bleeding this time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »