Talk

Advanced search

Endometrioma, Fibroids and Conception

(6 Posts)
Lil63 Wed 20-Feb-19 15:33:59

Hi

I’m 37 and I’ve been trying to conceive for a few months to no avail. I’ve just found out today that I have an endometrioma cyst on my right ovary (approx 3.5cm) and a few small fibroids. I’ve another appointment in 5 weeks for a scan and to then discuss surgery. Has anyone else had these conditions and still managed to conceive? Thanks

Pinkstars2501 Wed 20-Feb-19 17:48:47

Same boat. I’ve had endo since I was very young but nobody did anything about it despite my pleas. I’m 32 now, mine is 10cm by 4cm by 2cm.... not even a hint of a positive in 2 years. I’m waiting for my surgery date.
It’s shit isn’t it. Hopefully it’ll happen after the surgery.

Lil63 Wed 20-Feb-19 19:04:10

Hi - that’s a long time to wait. Are you trying to conceive too?

VenusStarr Wed 20-Feb-19 21:42:28

I've got multiple small fibroids that were picked up on a transvaginal scan. The sonographer thought they may be blocking my tubes but when I spoke to the GP about it he said the fibroids weren't an issue as far as he could see.

We've been trying for 16 cycles and had started the initial fertility tests, so had already had blood tests bg that point. We've only just been referred to the fertility clinic but the doctor said they would do more tests and investigations to see if my tubes are actually blocked and if the fibroids are causing the issue with us not being able to conceive.

Are you under a clinic @Lil63?

Pinkstars2501 Wed 20-Feb-19 22:14:18

Yeh have been for 2 years. They’ll have a look while they’re in there and see if there’s anything wrong with my tubes etc. I’m being referred to the fertility clinic soon after they said, just because they didn’t want to wait too long after I’ve waited for half my lifetime to get this far.

flyingplum Sat 23-Feb-19 10:04:37

I have endo, and have had endometrioma in the last - which ruptured painfully as no one took me seriously...

I haven't been monitored, so I have no idea what state it's in now. I haven't had a rupture for almost two years, and my periods have been regularish for about the same length of time. 14 months TTC and I did have a chemical this cycle. So I know I do 'work' occasionally...I get quite painful ovulation pain when it's my right ovary though (where the cyst is).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »