Talk

Advanced search

5 days flashing smiley...GOING CRAZY!

(58 Posts)
babydreamer24 Mon 18-Feb-19 04:08:41

Hello im new here!!

My partner and I have been trying to conceive now for 6 months and thought we would give the Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests a try. My cycles range from between 29-32 days (annoying)

My last cycle was 32 days so I went by that when reading the instructions with the Clearblue Tests, it told me to start testing on CD12, I got blank circles for 2 days, now been having flashing smileys for 5 days ITS DRIVING ME MENTAL!! Im not on CD 18 and am freaking out that ive missed my ovulation sad

We have BD every 2nd day since I started testing.

Has any one else had something similar to this and managed to concieve or eventually get their static smiley?? Please help sad sad

TIA ladies xx

MsSquiz Mon 18-Feb-19 05:40:38

I use the same OPK and last cycle had 15 days worth of flashing smiley faces...
I started testing on day 14 of a 30 day cycle and my period was 4 days late. (Usually a 26 day cycle)
I never got the static smiley

I'm going to give them another go this cycle and start testing earlier to see if anything changes.

Shouldbecleaning92 Mon 18-Feb-19 05:50:53

I had 8 first time using 🤦🏻‍♀️ But I finally got a solid and did get pregnant 😊😊

babydreamer24 Mon 18-Feb-19 05:59:18

MsSquiz - Least I am not the only one having problems. I am considering giving them another shot if im not PG this time round smile

babydreamer24 Mon 18-Feb-19 06:00:19

Shouldbecleaning92 - Ohhhh thats so good! You just gave me hope!! Im going to test again this afternoon and then just keep BD until AF arrives, not out until she shows her ugly face right?? x

MsSquiz Mon 18-Feb-19 06:33:05

@babydreamer24 good luck!
I was so thrown by getting the flashing smiley face on the day AF was due!
DH even asked if I was doing it right! I did politely point out that there are only so many ways to POAS! grin

Chanel05 Mon 18-Feb-19 06:59:53

@babydreamer24 Clearblue recommends that you use them for up to 9 days and then stop so you’ve still got a couple of days to try. Remember stressing can also prevent ovulation. You aren’t recommended to use them the first month after coming off the pill and I did and it took 18 days so get a peak! I’ve been using them for 8 months now so just keep on going with them.

MyDearSweetSummerChild Mon 18-Feb-19 07:04:08

With PCOS it took my body 3 separate attempts to ovulate on the month I fell pregnant with my second. It drove me crazy too.
I found the first response too sensitive for me and used the one touch ones (initially just as a back up but found I ended up just using those

babydreamer24 Mon 18-Feb-19 07:41:34

Hi Chanel05 do you mean 9 days from the first flashing smiley?? Or 9 days from the recommended day that it says to start testing? smile

mariethecat Mon 18-Feb-19 08:10:02

@babydreamer24
You can have up to 9/10 flashing smileys and that's ok before clearblue recommend stopping testing.
My cycles change wildly - sometimes I can have 8 days of flashing smileys and sometimes can go straight to solid
Just keep going - if you miss it this month I would switch to testing twice a day when you get the flashing smileys as maybe you have a really short but quick LH surge and are therefore missing it? I would say 75% of the time I get the solid peak smiley when I test around 630pm
Good luck and keep going x

babydreamer24 Mon 18-Feb-19 08:38:19

@mariethecat - thankyou! You gave given me some more confidence xx

Herewegoagain84 Mon 18-Feb-19 09:15:23

OP I had 7 this cycle before my solid (currently in the tww). I would recommend starting them a bit earlier - when I have used them in the past (and followed the instructions), I never got a solid and I think it’s because my hormones had already started to rise, so it recorded my baseline wrong (it’ll always give you a blank to start with).

babydreamer24 Mon 18-Feb-19 09:44:13

@herewegoagain84 when I start my next cycle, should I use a new holder or just use the same one?

mariethecat Mon 18-Feb-19 09:50:22

@babydreamer24
You can re use the same holder....
Usually clearblue advises starting testing on cycle day 8 - I have the horrendously expensive "connected" ones with the link to the clearblue app and based on my cycle information it alerts me when to test so I don't miss the rise in hormones

Chanel05 Mon 18-Feb-19 10:51:56

@babydreamer24 9 days when you start testing! You can re use the same holder, I’ve used the same one every month actually.

babydreamer24 Mon 18-Feb-19 11:11:00

@mariethecat mine said to start on cycle day 11 as I put in that i have a 31 day cycle, they range from 29-32 so it's hard to pinpoint. Do you think theres any harm in just testing until I run out of tests?

babydreamer24 Mon 18-Feb-19 11:12:29

@chanel05, thankyou! Tomorrow will make 9 days from when it told me yo start testing and I have 6 tests left (I'm on my 2nd box) so I might just keep testing every morning until i get AF (Or dont wink) and keep BD every other night, cant hurt!

mariethecat Mon 18-Feb-19 11:17:18

@babydreamer24
What day are you classing as cycle day 1 as this can have a BIG impact - cycle day 1 should be the day you wake up with full flow red bleeding - if you don't get this until after midday then you count the next day as cycle day 1 and if you have several days of light spotting or brown blood don't count those either which might bring your actual cycle length down?

No harm in continuing to test - they're just so bloody expensive! I have had monthly ultrasound scans before (due to previous ruptured ectopic and removal of tube) and clearblue results have been in line with monthly follicle scan results so I think they are pretty accurate unless you suffer from PCOS x

scaredofthecity Mon 18-Feb-19 11:20:50

I never got a static smiley when I used them, my dd is currently sitting on my lap! I'm not sure they work for everyone.

babydreamer24 Mon 18-Feb-19 11:37:51

@mariethecat my last period started on 1st Feb, that's what I'm clashing as cycle day 1 x

babydreamer24 Mon 18-Feb-19 11:38:24

@scaredofthecity did you only ever get flashing smileys? smile

babydreamer24 Mon 18-Feb-19 11:40:00

@mariethecat classing not clashing

MsSquiz Mon 18-Feb-19 11:46:53

@mariethecat is it the clear blue connected ovulation test system you are using?
How straightforward do you find it to use?

babydreamer24 Mon 18-Feb-19 11:46:55

Heres hoping I see that static smiley tomorrow morning!! smilesmile

mariethecat Mon 18-Feb-19 11:57:20

@MsSquiz
Actually really easy you've just got to remember to have your phone with you to put it near the holder to update

I got it as there was a deal on at Boots however it doesn't really offer much more than the other dual hormone one if you log that info to apps like Ovia so I wouldn't necessarily buy again unless there was another deal on

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »