Talk

Advanced search

TTC #3 come join me!

(59 Posts)
Lucylondon32 Sun 03-Feb-19 20:26:14

Hi,
I seem to be struggling trying to find parents TTC number 3 so thought I'd start a thread.

I currently have a 2yo DS and 4yo DD
Hoping for one more to add to our family!

After weighing up the pros and cons we have decided to have a go and see what life has planned for us

X

Nat87alie Sat 02-Mar-19 19:07:20

I’m in my usual position of frustration, where I think I’m pregnant, feel sick and tired, and had implantation cramps 3 days ago, but still testing bfn, and I’m 1 day after AF due! I never have a positive test till at least 16dpo! Waiting is driving me crazy, however pregnant you feel, I always convince myself it’s in my head till I get that bfp!

Blondie87 Thu 28-Feb-19 10:48:12

Welcome KB. I'm of a similar view- definitely wanted two, was unsure about 3 but think we'll regret it if we don't go for it and we don't want a big gap. If this goes to plan, they'll be two academic years apart between each which has a nice symmetry!

Tested today and BFN- wasn't too disappointed and it's still early!

Kb8219 Thu 28-Feb-19 10:40:10

Hi all!!
I am 36 and have 2 boys, 2 and almost 4. With both we KNEW 100% we wanted to get pregnant but this time we both keep swaying. We always said 3 was our ideal number but our eldest has ds and neither of them sleep particularly well, I feel like the days we sway towards not having a 3rd is mainly due to having a bad nights sleep! We have been kind of not trying/not preventing for about 4 months and currently 5 dpo.

TheGruffalosLoveChild Tue 26-Feb-19 19:44:41

Thank you Blondie.

I’m sorry to hear that Ensign. I have everything crossed for you for next month!

Blondie87 Mon 25-Feb-19 07:36:26

Congratulations @gruffalo on the BFP! It will be hard work but totally worth it. I think it's harder in the short term having a close age gap but much easier when they are teenagers and you can accommodate all their ages quite easily.

Sorry you're out- there is always next month. I shall be testing towards the end of this week so will keep you updated!

EnsignRoLaren Mon 25-Feb-19 07:16:58

Aaaaaaand I’m out this month. Fx for next month that the stars align with our travel plans!

TheGruffalosLoveChild Sun 24-Feb-19 22:49:29

Ah Nameless / Ensign - I should have put two and two together! Thank you. That’s really kind of you. I hope you get your BFP soon!

EnsignRoLaren Sun 24-Feb-19 22:40:29

Gruffalo that’s wonderful! Congratulations! (nameless under a name change here).

Good luck with the move, and three under three! shock

TheGruffalosLoveChild Sun 24-Feb-19 22:01:30

Nameless - I’m glad DH is on the same page again. I’m so sorry about his friend though. That’s awful and you’re right that it really does make you think/worry.

Well I got a BFP today. Feel a bit all over the place really! Obviously we want a third, but (if things go ok) it’s going to be so tough having 3 under 3...oh, and we’re emigrating so will have zero support 🤦🏻‍♀️. I think my family are going to be pretty unimpressed, but I think DH’s family will be pretty excited.

EnsignRoLaren Sun 24-Feb-19 19:28:04

I on the other hand had a definite positive from CD21, with DC2. Finding out at three weeks made for the longest pregnancy in the world 🤦‍♀️. Thankfully DC2 arrived (healthy and well) at 37 weeks!

Nat87alie Sun 24-Feb-19 19:23:59

I got negatives both times until at least 2 days after af due date. I also got implantation bleeding 12 dpo, so I must implant late and therefore get late bfp. I’m doing that thing where you think you feel symptoms, but are so cautious about creating false hope that you try to ignore them which just makes you notice them more! I’m 10dpo now I think

EnsignRoLaren Sun 24-Feb-19 19:00:33

Blondie I suspect our families will be baffled and surprised. They definitely think we are done! They aren’t great at the baby stage and I suspect us having three will definitely impact on their willingness to help out!

Blondie87 Sun 24-Feb-19 15:50:30

Until your period arrives, you're definitely in with a chance. If you ovulated later than you thought you might not be due for a few more days anyway.

Kinsella82 Sun 24-Feb-19 13:29:21

Hey everyone. Af due today but no sign yet. Tested yesterday and day before and nothing so I'm not very confident at all sad
Anyone ever get BFN right up til there AF was due and then get a BFP!?

Blondie87 Sun 24-Feb-19 10:40:17

How would your families react to you going for no3? I think they'll think I'm mad as my DC are both preschoolers!

Blondie87 Sun 24-Feb-19 10:39:05

I've got a wedding next weekend so I'll be testing on Friday as I want to know whether or not I can have a couple of drinks plus I have no will power when it comes to testing!

NamelessEnsign Sun 24-Feb-19 09:01:38

How is everyone doing? CD24 for me and expecting AF any day between now and CD28.

DH seems to be fully on board with the plan, now! Even though one of his best friends has just let us know he is separating (his wife has been unfaithful), which is definitely something that makes you think twice about life!

NamelessEnsign Thu 21-Feb-19 18:16:11

Nat so am I 🤦‍♀️. I feel sick at times! Remember this feeling very well indeed.

I am on CD22. Last cycle was 28 days but they are often 23-26. I can’t promise I will hold out! I reckon I am past 10dpo though.

TheGruffalosLoveChild Thu 21-Feb-19 14:05:57

Oh no! It’s so easy to do isn’t it. Even though I know symptoms of pregnancy are exactly the same as pre-AF symptoms I always get my hopes up!

Oh how annoying Nameless. I hope you have better luck next month!

Nat87alie Thu 21-Feb-19 08:39:31

Oh no, I’m symptom spotting 😫however much I’m trying not to!!

NamelessEnsign Tue 19-Feb-19 22:56:01

Good luck, and welcome, blondie.

It does seem like the early cycles after starting TTC (even though you are ‘not preventing smile) are calculated to befuddle us. My first proper attempt brought me my longest cycle in nearly a year!

I am roughly 8dpo (I don’t chart, but have signs from CM). I think I’m expecting a shortish cycle this time as I seemed to ovulate on day 11 or 12. Work travel got in the way again, so we were a little later than I would have liked. I think that is going to happen a lot! How is everyone else getting along?

Blondie87 Mon 18-Feb-19 16:45:55

Hi!
So glad I've found this thread. Been umming and ahhing over whether to go for a third but decided to not try, not prevent. So of course I'm obsessively looking out for ovulation 😂 Not had a chance to read all the thread but I got a positive OPK today which has completely thrown me as I usually ovulate between CD 15-20 and it's only CD12. Won't be able to dtd now around ov unfortunately but we did on Saturday so do you think I have a chance??

All the best to all of you also trying!

TheGruffalosLoveChild Mon 18-Feb-19 16:10:25

Oh no! I hope the time passes quickly. Did you ovulate early do you think? If so, something may show up on a test a little earlier.

Nat87alie Mon 18-Feb-19 15:02:43

Normally I notice ovulation pains and ewcm, but nothing this month, but I think it must have happened last week. Not sure if that’s a bad sign? I never show up positive on a test until earliest 2 days after AF due, so a long wait for me!

TheGruffalosLoveChild Mon 18-Feb-19 14:34:29

Oh bless you. It’s so hard isn’t it! Your body plays cruel mind games grin. Are you going to test or wait to see if AF turns up?

No news from me. I can probably test at the weekend/by Monday next week. Part of me wants to know asap so that I know where I stand, but another part of me doesn’t want to get caught up in all that and potentially wasting lots of £££ on pregnancy tests!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »