Talk

Advanced search

TWW starts now...

(92 Posts)
Beaubailey Sun 27-Jan-19 13:14:33

Hi all,

TWW starts now (again) so wondered if anyone wanted to join me with the constant symptom spotting 😂😂

AF due on 9th Feb - is anyone in the same boat?

Amyszymm Sun 27-Jan-19 15:09:27

Hi hun, il join you 😂😂

AF due on the 7th according to my app, but I had a chemical on the 10th of this month and I think I ovulated on the 21st/22nd according to clear blue ovulation testing. Xx

Beaubailey Sun 27-Jan-19 16:24:52

Hey @Amyszymm

According to glow and fertility friend it's the 9th for me, Ovia predicts the 12th... haha.

Sorry to hear about you're chemical sad I had one in September last year, sooo disappointing & frustrating!

Fingers crossed for us for this month 🤞🏼💘

Just hate the tww! I drive myself insane looking for symptoms (like everyone else)☹️ xx

CaramelCluster Sun 27-Jan-19 19:37:06

Hey ladies I shall join you on this one, AF expected on the 12th so shall see what happens. This is our first time TTC so not feeling anxious at the moment, waiting see what my body will say 😅
I'm looking forward to seeing some positive stories!

fabmaz Sun 27-Jan-19 20:08:39

Hi, can I join please smile

Currently in tww - af due 03.02, ttc #1

Baby dust to all xxx

Beaubailey Mon 28-Jan-19 06:59:16

Hi @fabmaz @CaramelCluster!

Let's hope for some BFPs!

I feel I may be out this month already, worried that we didnt dtd enough 🤔 but will see.

It's also our first month using conceive plus, has any of you guys given it a shot? Xx

CaramelCluster Mon 28-Jan-19 09:28:27

Hey @Beaubailey yes we tried conceive plus this time round as I heard many good things about it but I have no other month of comparing it to, so let's see if it helped!

There's quite a few lubricants out there that don't agree with me at all and this one was great to use, so that's a plus.

Beaubailey Mon 28-Jan-19 09:56:56

Yeah @CaramelCluster I was really impressed with it too, glad we gave it a go

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 fingers crossed for us! Xx

fabmaz Mon 28-Jan-19 19:38:56

We haven't long started ttc so we are just using a tracking app at the moment, may try some other bits and tricks if nothing seems to be happening

YouMaySayImADreamer Mon 28-Jan-19 19:47:43

Hi all, can I join please! Af, I think, is due 8th or 9th feb. I have brown spotting for a couple of days before af usually and I can't remember if this turned to proper af on the 12th or 13th hence the uncertainty!

For some reason I really don't feel positive and feel like I am out already! We dtd quite a lot through my fertile week but I am worried I have ov'd late and now dh is away.

I also feel like I have been quite stressed all week and this doesn't make for good vibes. Sorry for doom and gloom, not sure what's wrong with me but I really hope I am wrong and wishing you all lots of luck too!!

Explorers10 Mon 28-Jan-19 20:18:31

Can I also join please. AF supposed to be due 8th feb but according to clear blue ovulated today so 2 week wait starts now until 11th feb. Anyone had any symptoms or is it still too early?!

YouMaySayImADreamer Mon 28-Jan-19 20:27:53

Hi explorers I think possibly too early for most of us. Was reading up that implantation starts around a week after conception and then I think early symptoms would be possible. All early symptoms seem to be very similar to pms though, so it is hard to tell!

How is everyone tracking ovulation? I haven't started with opks or anything yet but considering for next month if not successful. Don't know if it is too early though as will only be cycle 3!

CaramelCluster Mon 28-Jan-19 21:28:04

@Explorers10 yeah a bit to early to get any symptoms as of yet, it takes about 6 days for the egg to reach your uterus so I'd say give it a week too and see if you can spot anything.

@YouMaySayImADreamer I'm using OPKs as for me it's the most reliable - cheap one step ones from amazon for the first few days of testing then when I'm near the predicted ovulation date (3/4 days out) I use the clear blue advanced ones. Use the app (Glow) to get rough dates but definitely never rely on it as can be off.

I also use the method of CM but I don't find it the most reliable, for me anyways. Works for other women though.

Explorers10 Mon 28-Jan-19 22:20:32

@youmaysayimadreamer

@caramelcluster

Thanks both smile that’s reassured me as I was thinking you would have cramps straight away & other signs once fertilisation has occurred so started to worry that it’s not worked. I’m also cycle 3. I’m also using opks and a few apps plus trying to test temp each morning but have found it always stays the same and no different. Will have a look at those amazon opks you said. Fingers crossed for BFP soon X

Beaubailey Mon 28-Jan-19 22:25:14

Hey @YouMaySayImADreamer I feel exactly the same! I don't feel like we dtd enough though! But I'm not sure if it's just because I'm used to getting a bfn every month 😂

Time will tell I guess! I tracked ov this month and got a positive on Friday, been cramping quite abit today so now I'm thinking it might have been today and that I've missed my shot.

Gonna be a long ass 2 weeks haha xx

CaramelCluster Mon 28-Jan-19 22:27:23

@Explorers10 yeah BBT is a tricky one, as it can be quite inaccurate if using it orally every morning. If you sleep with your mouth open it can give you incorrect results too. I am currently trying a device called infertracker; it's a tiny device you attach under your arm which records your average temp throughout your sleep. Seems to be looking good thus far it successfully tracked my increase in temp after ovulation. I've only been using for a couple of weeks so can't give you a definitive review on it but will keep you posted.

£70 odd so a lot more expensive than a thermometer however, worth a look into though if you want something like that.

Explorers10 Mon 28-Jan-19 22:29:51

@yousayimadreamer

I’m same like you always feel negative instead of positive. I’m sure as you dtd in your fertile week a lot, it will still be enough!

Beaubailey Mon 28-Jan-19 22:32:59

I think I might try tracking bbt next month if I'm out this cycle - although I'll probably be useless and forget most days! xx

Explorers10 Mon 28-Jan-19 22:34:42

@caramelcluster

I thought the thermometer thing was a bit rubbish! Thanks for letting me know about what you are using, sounds very sophisticated! Just read further up you used conceive plus, me too! Did you use just the lube and/or the applicators?

Beaubailey Mon 28-Jan-19 22:37:37

Also, I know this is gonna sound mean and I don't mean it to - but my brother in laws (very) new girlfriend (I'm talking 2-3 months) announced her pregnancy a couple of weeks ago and it's completely done my head in! She's obv unaware of our situation and that we've been trying since nov 15 and had 3mcs in total, I'm happy that there will be a new baby in the fam but the other side of me is like ffs how!! like a kick in the teeth ☹️ xx

SadieSue29 Mon 28-Jan-19 22:42:08

TTW here also, due the 8th Feb according to glow.

My partner works away and wasn't due to be home however ended up home for a day the day before ovulation. So not holding out for much hope this month.

Wish I could just put it out of my mind and only think about it if period is late sad

CaramelCluster Mon 28-Jan-19 23:26:51

@Explorers10 it's been good so far so let's see if it registers a consistent higher temp - if it does then possibly I could be pregnant 😁

Yeah I did indeed use conceive plus - I used the normal tube and not the applicator, thought it'd be just as effective...well let's hope so anyways 😅

@Beaubailey doesn't sound mean at all! And only 2-3 months in?! Wow....very early days. Couldn't imagine going through a massive step like this 3 months into being with someone.

@SadieSue29 you never know, could be perfect timing by the sounds of it, will keep my fingers crossed for you! 🤞🏽

Michellebops Tue 29-Jan-19 09:43:22

Can I join you please?

Using flo app I'm due to ovulate in 2 days with Aunt Flo due 15th feb.

I had a missed miscarriage in October and started trying again last month.

Explorers10 Tue 29-Jan-19 12:37:14

@caramelcluster

Same I’m just using the lube. Funny my DH didn’t like it. He said he was expecting a fancy bottle like durex and said it looked like medicine grin

CaramelCluster Tue 29-Jan-19 15:56:20

Ha! Guys are weird with things like that aren't they? My OH looked at it for a good minute thinking is this definitely right...But said it felt like any standard lube, so think we'll stick to that if we are in the same situation next month.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »