Talk

Advanced search

Who else planning to start TTC this spring?

(220 Posts)
Leleophants Tue 15-Jan-19 14:16:40

Anyone else getting ready - do you ever frrl ready?

Vitamins/supplements

Getting fit

Also are you trying for a particular birth month?

McHelenz Thu 04-Jul-19 09:23:42

Good luck @Vio112. Hope you all have smooth TTC journeys x

Vio112 Thu 04-Jul-19 09:06:21

Aww that's beautiful 😭 you must be so excited! Wishing you lots of luck with this pregnancy xxx I'm on my first cycle of trying now.

McHelenz Thu 04-Jul-19 08:53:16

Hi all, just wanted to bring you my update from my faint 10dpo line!

fertilityhelphub Tue 18-Jun-19 16:13:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

IndiaNoah Thu 13-Jun-19 21:27:45

Hi all! Last posted on this in March, forgot I'd even downloaded the blooming app lol.

Anyway, been TTC now for just two cycles. Still trying now I know it's not been long at all however I've done a test this evening and it's came back like this I ripped it apart after seeing a line like near the end of the window thing? I think it's a BFN but has anyone else had similar ??

Vio112 Thu 13-Jun-19 18:52:05

@zinrepus thanks! That's comforting. Can't believe how quickly this is swinging round. Enjoying cheeky G&T's and chowing down Cabezola while I still can ☺️

zinrepus Thu 13-Jun-19 15:03:31

Well, if it helps @Vio112, The Impatient Woman's Guide says stressing about tends to not actually impact fertility. But it does make your/our lives harder. wink I'm thinking about taking up a hobby when we finally start TTC, so I have something to distract my brain.

Vio112 Tue 11-Jun-19 09:36:57

Hi @zinrepus and @yorkshiredolls and welcome @le16! I'm trying to tell myself that I'm totally fine with it taking me up to a year to conceive but I know that deep down I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen in July 😂 trying to double bluff myself! If I'm too anxious about it, it'll take longer or something! Ahhgh. Haven't even started yet and I'm already going in circles. OH will be delighted about dtd every other day though ha ha.

Yorkshiredolls Mon 10-Jun-19 21:13:28

hi @vio112 hope you’re ok! we are now actively ttc but still wondering about this thread of course. i had a weird ?evap? on an frer saturday morning followed by two negatives sunday and today. pretty sure it’s a conclusive negative as started spotting a lot and think af is on way very soon.

zinrepus Mon 10-Jun-19 20:49:24

Hey @Vio112 and whoops! Welcome @Le16! Sorry to missed saying hi.

Yeah, I'm solidly in waiting territory, got the coil in until probably Christmas time. DH is good about reminding me that I'm the one who doesn't want to have kids where we are, which is equal parts annoying and funny. But in good news he's making solid progress on the job hunt front, so that's positive.

Yeah iron supplements can be rough unless you're eating infinite fibre...I went a bit anaemic a few years back and nobody warned me what it can do...confused

I've gotten myself onto folic acid and a calcium/Vitamin D supplement in the meantime while trying to teach my husband that "fish" isn't a 4 letter word. Practice for the future, eh?

Vio112 Mon 10-Jun-19 19:30:07

Hi everyone, anyone still waiting? There must be a few of us left? I'm having IUD removed in a couple of weeks. I've given up on iron (don't think it's actually necessary and has given me real ahem digestive issues. Still going with the folic acid and contemplating vitamin D given this crappy weather...

Le16 Tue 28-May-19 08:03:40

Hi everyone, I hope it's ok to join. You'll have to excuse me as I've not quite got to grips with all of the abbreviations yet.
We are TTC with baby number 2. Been trying since March but no luck so far. It's so nice to read about others in similar position smile

mrssunshinexxx Tue 28-May-19 07:42:39

Hi @Yorkshiredolls I tested on Sunday I was 10 dpo it was a BFN.
I'm due af tomorrow so just waiting to see if it comes I think it will sadly x

Yorkshiredolls Tue 28-May-19 06:08:41

Hi how’s everyone getting along? @mrssunshinexxx have you tested yet? glow reckons I’m 3DPO, ovia 2. managed to DTD every other day throughout fw so I hope that’ll be enough. ready for a well deserved rest now! Now I don’t know if i’m going a bit crazy but my sense of smell this morning is massively heightened hmm

Vio112 Fri 24-May-19 19:00:19

Ooh exciting for you guys!😁😁 I still have to wait another cycle before I start ttc. I have the odd moment of cold feet about it though as scared to put my career on hold! I'm performing arts so it's scary to drop out for a while as might find it hard to get back in afterwards. It'll be the same at any point though and still very broody... 😅

mussie Fri 24-May-19 18:35:23

@Yorkshiredolls you can rest in the TWW 😂

Yorkshiredolls Fri 24-May-19 07:30:19

@mrssunshinexxx that sounds knackering 😆

mrssunshinexxx Fri 24-May-19 07:14:57

@Yorkshiredolls you should definitely pounce probably today and tomorrow morning if you can just to cover all bases grin

Yorkshiredolls Fri 24-May-19 07:13:09

hi @mrssunshinexxx and @mussie exciting times for us all! not long now to test mrs! I’m in my first fertile window, due to ov saturday. DTD last night and DH was a bit nervous grin I should probably pounce saturday as well! I’m not used to DTD this much i must say!

mrssunshinexxx Fri 24-May-19 07:08:02

@mussie how exciting
I am 8dpo so just waiting for af to arrive or to test, nervous!

mussie Fri 24-May-19 07:04:50

@mrssunshinexxx we are officially TTC! Just waiting to ovulate. Will be another week or so, so not much news yet! How are you getting on?

mrssunshinexxx Thu 23-May-19 09:15:42

How is everyone getting on x

zinrepus Thu 16-May-19 17:16:58

It's fine I agree we both need to be 100% and it gives me full permission to be a right idiot for a little while longer. grin
It's good to have a better sense of schedule and while, yes, I'm broody as all heck right now, I also can admit it'll be easier to start trying when we're on an off year of Christmas with my family.
@vio112 We're in Berkshire now and looking to return to Scotland. Not Leeds cheap, but all the rest of the perks of life up north, which I'm quiet excited about.
The longer I sit with it, the more relieved I am that we won't be moving and expecting to start TTC immediately. I'll have some time to reacclimate socially before going dry. wink

mrssunshinexxx Mon 13-May-19 18:22:58

@Vio112 you are not so far from me grin

Vio112 Mon 13-May-19 18:13:06

Aw zinrepus that's a shame if you were raring to go straight away but sounds sensible to me. You're coming up north? I moved up to Leeds from London last summer so wondering if your move is along the same lines 🤔😂 no way we were going to be able to afford buying a house/starting a family down there. Loving life in the North 😁

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »