Talk

Advanced search

Pregnacare

(25 Posts)
Bab1990 Fri 11-Jan-19 09:42:41

Hi there. New user here. Just looking for some advice really. AF showed her horrible face this morning 4 days late so feeling really low ATM. This cycle we want to try pregnacare but wondered what people’s views on it are. Should I just use them or would it be best to both use them?
TIA
Baby dust to all

TTC👶🏻#1

TwittleBee Fri 11-Jan-19 11:36:35

It is worth giving them a go if you wanted to try something else to help get you to a BFP.

We were TTC for 12 months and the cycle we got a BFP was the one where I was on pre-conception pills, like the pregnacare ones, but also we were using Conceive Plus fertility lube too.

Good luck x

Kins00 Fri 11-Jan-19 11:58:56

Me and DH been using the his and hers tablets for 2 cycles... I didn't get a positive on the Clear Blue Ovulation this month but DTD every other day with AF due next week so we shall see what happens! My view is that every little helps so may as well try!

boodles101 Fri 11-Jan-19 12:48:11

I took have been taking them but didn't bother with DH as I knew he would just forget. Don't be alarmed if your wee turns luminous yellow about a week after starting them - its a known side effect!

Chanel05 Fri 11-Jan-19 13:06:21

I’ve been using Pregnacare his and hers for 7 months which is quite pricey. My doctor told me this week to just go for the cheap version £2.99 in Superdrug for a vitamin d folic acid combined tablet.

Bab1990 Fri 11-Jan-19 13:56:05

Thank you for all your replies.
@boodles101 My OH would loose his head if it weren't screwed on so would defo forget his tablets haha.
Ive brought pre seed and some pregnacare for me so hoping for a BFP at the end of this cycle.
Baby dust to all😘
xx

Explorers10 Fri 11-Jan-19 15:02:46

Been using pregnacare pre conception for past 2 cycles not conceived yet so this is will be 3rd month of trying and have bought the vitamins again. I’ve not used the fertility lube or pre applicators. Do these work? I did use clear blue ovulation tests and got a smiley face on day of ovulation but still did not conceive sad

Chanel05 Fri 11-Jan-19 15:24:30

@Explorers10 I think there are some good reviews with the lube but I used it for three cycles with no luck and I stopped because it was expensive.

Explorers10 Fri 11-Jan-19 16:00:56

@Chanel05

Thanks for letting me know. Im starting to think it’s all just advertising that these products work. We will one day get pregnant!!!

Bab1990 Fri 11-Jan-19 17:45:47

This will be first cycle trying with the pre seed so will see if it helps and update. It is expensive so if doesn’t work this cycle then will just dtd every few days and see if that works xx

Newyearsameoldshit Fri 11-Jan-19 20:35:04

I'm not convinced they are any better than a decent regular multi-vitamin, but DH is convinced it will be thing to make the difference, so we're giving it a go.

If you can afford it and it would make you feel like you're throwing everything at it, go for it!
(Good deal on A mazon if you subscribe to it, fiver a box I think)

Littlegoth Fri 11-Jan-19 20:43:41

Conceived 1st cycle using these but end in mc at 8 weeks x

kk66 Fri 11-Jan-19 21:50:20

I'd be wary because it's got folic acid (I know, sounds utterly barmy). Some of us (estimates between 25-60%) have a genetic mutation which mean, amongst other things, we might not be able to process FA and the side effects of this can be infertility and miscarriage. What we actually need is folate (Folic Acid is the artificial form). If you go for supplements which contain methyl folate then, even if you have this mutation, you'll be absorbing B9/folate much better (and if you don't it's still a good way of getting it into your system)

Newyearsameoldshit Sat 12-Jan-19 00:23:58

kk66 do you have a link to the info/research on genetic mutations and folic acid causing infertility and miscarriage?

ReaganSomerset Sat 12-Jan-19 00:28:25

We used the male and female versions for three months prior to ttc (and just folic acid for me from six months prior). Didn't bother with ovulation tests either, just regular sex. Got pregnant first try, so couldn't have hurt.

ColdCrumpetsandButter Sat 12-Jan-19 00:32:14

Pregnacare with omega 3 made me feel so sick.

ReaganSomerset Sat 12-Jan-19 07:30:07

@ColdCrumpetsandButter me too, but only in the first trimester (and pretty much everything did back then!)

kk66 Sat 12-Jan-19 10:18:32

Newyearsameoldshit
Here's a couple . . .
mthfr.net/is-mthfr-affecting-your-pregnancy/2013/05/24/
www.floliving.com/the-mthfr-gene-mutation-and-your-fertility/

Explorers10 Sun 13-Jan-19 17:04:34

Just wondering are you all not drinking alcohol either when trying to conceive?

Bab1990 Sun 13-Jan-19 18:09:50

Im not personally but AF turned up Friday and it was a family party last night so I drank alot haha

Newyearsameoldshit Sun 13-Jan-19 18:18:20

I don't drink a lot, but ttc is starting to go on a bit and I think I'd go mad without the odd glass of wine!

Explorers10 Sun 13-Jan-19 18:23:31

Going away on a girlie weekend but don't want to let on I'm trying for a baby so hence the question did you not drink when trying to conceive? or do I be honest and say I'm not drinking? or try and pretend I'm drinking? Tricky one

Explorers10 Sun 13-Jan-19 18:51:11

@ bab1990

I was the same my AF turned up on Friday & had a few drinks this weekend haha. I was in such a bad mood on Friday & was at work with loads of deadlines that I really had to concentrate to get stuff done!

&newyearsameoldshit

I know the feeling ttc going on a bit and I've been really good so far and just had the occasional drink but it's usually the weeks before the fertile week. I was lucky as was able to drink over Xmas before trying & no one asked any questions.

Bab1990 Sun 13-Jan-19 19:51:23

@Explorers10 I think its really up to you whether you choose to drink or not. Im sure the odd couple isnt going to hurt

Nay08 Mon 14-Jan-19 01:21:30

Not using pregnacare, just upped my food intake of some foods etc, and just taking folic acid and vitamin D supplements. And drink til its pink!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »