Talk

Advanced search

TTW and Possible Implantation Bleading?

(25 Posts)
Prettyplease202 Sun 06-Jan-19 22:18:29

Trying not to go crazy as I wait 😜 6dpo and AF expected on 15th Jan. Experiencing light spotting and mild stomach cramps. When to test? How to stay sane? Am I already mad?

crazychemist Sun 06-Jan-19 22:22:54

Implantation bleeding is usually around day 21 of your cycle. A positive test often doesn’t happen until about day 24 to 26 as the hormone levels aren’t high enough, and can be negative until day 28. So wait at least 3 days I’d say. Good luck! Implantation bleeding is usually light brown rather than red as well, and usually stops within a day or two (often much much shorter so lots of people miss it completely)

Prettyplease202 Sun 06-Jan-19 22:38:12

Thanks for the info, thought it may be a little early but is just as you described 🤞

crazychemist Mon 07-Jan-19 11:57:03

Fingers crossed then!
(Personally, I'd get a first response one to take on Friday or Saturday, but have another one ready for Monday because you could very well get false negatives that early, but I wouldn't be able to wait! I'm probably bonkers though)

Prettyplease202 Mon 07-Jan-19 12:33:58

I’ll take your advice, trying very hard to wait as long as possible.

Explorers10 Mon 07-Jan-19 13:17:00

I feel almost in same boat. AF due 14th Jan and keep getting mild stomach cramps like a pulling feeling. No implantation bleeding though. I was going to test a couple of days after AF is due but not sure I can wait either

Prettyplease202 Tue 08-Jan-19 17:53:46

It’s good to hear from someone who feels the same, makes me feel less mad! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!

thejollytrolleydolly Tue 08-Jan-19 19:00:33

Hello, can I jump in? This could be short lived because it may be af but I'm on cd25 which is 12dpo I've had a little bit of brown when I wiped today like diluted old blood I don't really have any cramps or back ache like I normally get (big time) when I start af just a bit of pinching and lots of bloating and gas. Af due Friday so would be quite early if it were.

I feel like I'm going mental after 9 months TTC really hoping this is implant and not af 🙈 good luck to both of you girls x

Mseddy Tue 08-Jan-19 20:07:10

I think I have (bloody hope i have!!!) Implantation symptoms today. I had a big temperature dip on my BBT yesterday. Then today I got a really sharp lower abdomen pain for about 10 seconds then it subsided, and now I've had weird pulling sensation on and off since. Its hard to describe! I'm going to test every day for the next few days until AF due Saturday because I'm a crazy poas freak!

Prettyplease202 Wed 09-Jan-19 18:07:38

So excited to hear all of your hopeful signs! I am also a crazy person who can not wait to test! So First Response tests say upto 6 days before AF and that was today for me... too early for a definitive answer but it’s looking hopeful. What do you guys think? Or am I just willing the second line to be there?? 🤣🤣

Prettyplease202 Wed 09-Jan-19 18:25:52

I’m certainly no expert but sounds like it could be. It drives you mad this ttw doesn’t it??

Good luck 🤞

Soexciting Wed 09-Jan-19 18:35:05

@prettyplease202 congratulations! I love threads with a happy ending! FX for a happy and healthy pregnancy x

crazychemist Wed 09-Jan-19 18:47:13

Yay pretty, that's definitely a line! If you take another one tomorrow it'll be darker. Congratulations :-)

Prettyplease202 Wed 09-Jan-19 19:08:17

It’s so great to have somewhere to share this journey. Good luck to you all!

clh666 Thu 10-Jan-19 00:57:40

Bit late to the party but dunno how to post on here so put my story in this post as desperate for advice 🙈..WARNING POTENTIALLY LONG TMI POST 🙈 but here goes.. so a little back story my partner & I have been trying since October after having my coil removed took a month for my periods to go back to normal normally I have a little cramping the day before then Mother Nature arrives at full force .. However the last two weeks I have been having cramping in my lower abdomen very similar to what I had in my first pregnancy I’ve also had watery stools,back pain & skin break outs & incredibly sore boobs to the point they feel like their burning/cracked sore nipples. Now here’s where it gets a bit TMI so apologies in advance but at the most inconvenient time I started to get thick brown/white bloodied discharge my bf stopped what he was doing a mortified me retreated to the bathroom stuck in a tampon just thinking my period had come early however nothing on the tampon & no bleeding today as of yet could this be implantation bleeding? Or a possible side effect from my anti depressants I take sertaline as one of the side effects can be vaginal bleeding TIA x

Prettyplease202 Thu 10-Jan-19 06:17:28

@clh666 this sounds very confusing for you. I’m no expert but from what I’ve been reading implantation bleeding is usually light and pink or brownish in colour. However we are all different and if the rest of your period didn’t materialise may still be worth taking a test? Good luck!

clh666 Thu 10-Jan-19 07:58:12

Thanks for your reply still no period decided if AF doesn’t make an appearance this weekend going to test on Tuesday il keep you all updated x

crazychemist Thu 10-Jan-19 09:12:26

clh, it’s possible, but that doesn’t sound much like implantation bleeding. Thick white mucus with blood is more often a sign of a yeast infection or vaginosis. I’m afraid I don’t know anything about the antidepressant so can’t comment on if it’s a side effect.

I’d wait a few days and take a test, if it’s negative you might want to ask your pharmacist about it and see if you can get something over the counter.

clh666 Thu 10-Jan-19 09:32:26

Hi thanks for the advice .. yes depending on the outcome of this weekend I shall look into if it’s an infection or not... it’s difficult because at the time I was so embarrassed I did not look at the discharge but my bf said it was brown but when I briefly saw it in the dark I thought it was brown/pink white but it was hard to tell 🙈😂 when I was in the bathroom & wiped it was just brown wet discharge I have not had any discharge since only last night after I had a bath I had a little cramping followed by the tiniest bit of brown but as of yet nothing today I’m due on tomorrow so only a matter of time now till I get awnsers getting a tad anxious to find out trying not to get my hopes up x

clh666 Sat 12-Jan-19 20:56:06

Just to update everyone or for anyone else who is following this thread looking for advice turns out I am pregnant smile

Prettyplease202 Sat 12-Jan-19 21:30:02

@clh666 how exciting... congratulations 🎉

crazychemist Mon 14-Jan-19 14:18:36

Congrats!

Prettyplease202 Sat 19-Jan-19 10:26:18

So it’s bad news this end I think. Took a second First Response test 2 days later and got a slightly darker line. Then on Monday (2 days early) the monster arrived AF so heavy it was crazy. One day of super heavy bleeding and then back to very light brownish spotting. So I’m guessing I’m not pregnant anymore. 😢

Takingshape12 Sat 19-Jan-19 15:59:24

So sorry to read this. Gentle hugs xxx

Prettyplease202 Sat 19-Jan-19 16:21:16

@takingshape12 thank you! I know it’s sad but had to post on here as I didn’t want to talk about it 😢

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »