Talk

Advanced search

Periods and Fertility after MC

(6 Posts)
queenqueenqueen Fri 04-Jan-19 18:26:10

Can anyone give me an insight on how long it took them for their period to return to 'normal' and also conceive?

Last months bleed was super light (v unusual for me) and this one is heavy again (more like I'm used to) but is longer than normal. This is my 4th cycle since the MC. Feeling 😕 really wanted something to have happened by now. 3rd DC and conceived with no problems before.

queenqueenqueen Sat 05-Jan-19 13:55:53

Any one??

MollyFaith00 Sat 05-Jan-19 14:16:47

Hello - yes.

I had a late miscarriage at 18.5 weeks. I had a 'period' 4.5 weeks later, my cycle is 33 days so that is about right. But it was very very light and more like spotting - and went on for a good two weeks or so. I hadn't ovulated in that cycle so I think that's why it was light.

Then I had nothing for another 6 weeks - no period or anything. Then after that 6 weeks I finally ovulated.

So, now at 11 weeks since my miscarriage I am finally expecting my first proper period at 12 weeks (unless I am pregnant again!).

I was super stressed about it all and worried that I would never get back to normal. I had a few weeks of reflexology which I think helped me relax and my ovulation come back. I'm hoping that after this period I will be back on track.

Wishing you luck!

physicskate Sat 05-Jan-19 23:47:16

I ovulated a week late for me after my second chemical. On time after the first.

Af itself means very little for your overall 'fertility' - just perhaps if you've had an anovulatory cycle - but light or heavy, long or short doesn't really matter (baring other medical factors).

queenqueenqueen Mon 07-Jan-19 14:26:11

Yes I think you're right, I'm going to focus on getting back into swing of gym and healthy eating after Xmas and put baby stuff to back of my mind for a few months, if nothing has happened in next 4-5 cycles I may see a GP

queenqueenqueen Sun 10-Mar-19 20:26:20

Back again and still haven't had my BFP ☹️☹️☹️ feeling totally miserable and like this is never going to happen for us 😔😔 AF. turned up today and feel totally depressed

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »