Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long after a miscarriage will it take for a pregnancy test to turn negative

(8 Posts)
birthdaycake Wed 27-Jun-07 17:34:01

Does anyone know. I've just had my second mc and want to start ttc asap but don't want to start until a home pregnancy test has turned negative.

mumto3girls Wed 27-Jun-07 17:37:58

Sorry to hear your news birthdaycake. The honest answer is that noone can tell you that. I had a mc in Macr this year and a test came up negative about 16 days after first day of bleeding. ( pg was 7 weeks).

I had another mc of same gestation in may and I am still getting positive pg test a month later. The hospital have tested my hcg levels 4 times to ensure that they are going down..but it's still taking forever this time.

I hope you get a negative soon...followed by a BFP too!!

BandofMuggles Wed 27-Jun-07 17:39:05

No idea, I conceived DD1 about 2 weeks after a m/c tho. By accident. Must have ovulated immediately.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 27-Jun-07 17:40:06

I think it's up to three weeks - at least I was still getting pos. results 20 days post partum.

I hope both of you have more positive news soon.

birthdaycake Wed 27-Jun-07 17:43:31

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I think I'll give it a couple of weeks and then test to see what's happening. I want to be a bit naughty you see and start using my clearblue fertility monitor straight away although they recommend that you leave if for a couple of cycles after a mc as high hcg levels ccan upset the readings a bit. I've got quite a lot of confidence in it because after not conceiving for 18 months I got a bfp on the second cycle of using it. At my age (41) I don't want to waste any potential opportunities.

mumto3girls Wed 27-Jun-07 17:46:56

Hi again Birthdaycake. I too have got a Clearblue monitor which definitely helped me conceive the baby I mc'ed in Mar...whilst I was waiting for AF after that I got pg with the baby I mc'ed in May - so there's no real need to wait!!
Although my story has not got a happy ending it does prove that you can ovulate before getting an AF - so if you feel ready, go for it.

spugs Wed 27-Jun-07 18:18:28

hiya, i got a neg 3 weeks after mc (i was 6.5 weeks) my af came week and a half later. they do say you dont need to wait and that your super fertile but i didnt catch straight after. now on my first proper cycle and things are not behaving themselves so have no hope at the min (thiough shaggin lots just in case)

daisyboo Wed 27-Jun-07 18:26:44

i was still testing positive three weeks, got a negative finally on day25

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now