Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation pains - anyone had them?

(16 Posts)
Treenie Wed 27-Jun-07 14:51:37

Ok so I am driving myself mad wondering if I had ov pains or just wind!
Felt some sharp twinges then cramping on my left side last night on CD21 of what I think will be a 34 day cycle.
Does anyone else get them? What do they feel like? And how do you know it's them?
Thanks!
x

fifilou Wed 27-Jun-07 14:55:23

bump

Jazzicatz Wed 27-Jun-07 14:55:59

I get them and they are gripy and really hurt!!

wishingfourgotone Wed 27-Jun-07 14:57:57

i have had them never noticed them before then dd dived on my stomache quite low and then i felt it whilst she was leaning on me, to me they felt similar to period pains but sharper

multitasker Wed 27-Jun-07 14:59:05

Most definitely ovulation pains - I get them most months and they can be severe at times. I also find they alternate side each month. The joys of our reproductive cycle I suppose. It is just as you say - a sharp prolonged pain that can feel like trapped wind, sometimes if I'm fed up and have a busy day planned I would need a nurofen.

naughtymummy Wed 27-Jun-07 15:04:34

Yes nice clear when TTC dd had a realy clear ov pain at 9pm just finishing a late shift had had sex the night before and thought i wonder if that will have done it or do we have to do it tonight -im knackered and ca n't remember if we`did or not

LilianGish Wed 27-Jun-07 15:07:01

I also get them - not really like period pain though, more like having a stitch - lasts about a day. Found it very helpful when wanted to get pregnant - managed it first go three times!

Treenie Wed 27-Jun-07 15:09:49

Mine only lasted an hour or so but I still reckon that was them. Just all worked up cause haven't had a positive on an opk and convinced I'm not ov!
Thanks for all your advice ladies - what would we do without MN?!
x

Treenie Wed 27-Jun-07 15:12:40

What side did you feel them? Does it make a difference?
And what happened next? Ok that sounds daft but what I mean is did you feel any implantation pains/other symptoms and how soon did you test? Itching to do one but no it won't show anything yet so being silly!
x

LilianGish Wed 27-Jun-07 15:24:47

Mine alternate every month. Didn't have any sensation of conceiving. Did test on day period was due. Couldn't believe mine was positive first time as I was 34 and had been led to believe it would take a long time to conceive. Actually had been hoping it would take a bit longer so I could get used to the idea. Line on test was very feint so did two more!!

Treenie Wed 27-Jun-07 15:29:26

Lilian that is really great - love to hear happy stories. Hope I am as lucky as you. Going to wait till next Fri to test - seems so far away at the moment!

naughtymummy Wed 27-Jun-07 15:29:39

never had implantation pains, knew with dd can't explain it really. Just a bit dreamy/ ever so slightly nauseous Good luck have fun trying

Treenie Wed 27-Jun-07 15:30:41

Naughty how soon did you feel that way? Was it before next AF was due?

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 27-Jun-07 15:32:38

a crampy pain that gets worse and worse over 12-24 hours. Can be crippling sometimes (especially when emptying my bladder). It reaches a pitch and then I often feel a pop, or release and it goes as though its never been there.

naughtymummy Wed 27-Jun-07 15:48:13

yes before AF but 2nd preg so knew what it felt like IYKWIM.My bf knew also in her 1st

derah Wed 27-Jun-07 15:51:25

Funnily enough I never noticed them before I was ttc, but now that I'm paying attention to every twinge my body has, I've noticed I get cramps, very like period pain, at ovulation time. First month I thought I'd done myself an injury with all the bd-ing!! Ha ha ha!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now