Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

quick question for you Oh so knowledgeable

(19 Posts)
EmilyandLola Tue 26-Jun-07 23:04:02

on the TTC front, (TMI alert) no period for 4 weeks, been BD'ing often, had a negative result tonight, but got another test for the morning, what are the chances?

fryalot Tue 26-Jun-07 23:06:19

when you say 4 weeks, do you mean your last period was 4 weeks ago, or you are 4 weeks late?

If the former, tis prob neg, and I would wait and save the other test....

If the latter, do the test, you sometimes get a better result in the morning

EmilyandLola Tue 26-Jun-07 23:13:02

I havent had a period since a month ago, should be on around now.

fryalot Tue 26-Jun-07 23:15:02

give it a few days, more chance for that lovely pg hormone to build up and give you a nice big fat blue line.

EmilyandLola Tue 26-Jun-07 23:16:51

or more nerves and worrying - Im in 2 minds about this all now

fryalot Tue 26-Jun-07 23:21:20

fingers crossed for you that when you do the test, you get the result you want

EmilyandLola Wed 27-Jun-07 22:45:26

still nothing
just worked out i have a 28 days cycle normally, and last AF finished 27th May, so where does that put me?

sweetkitty Wed 27-Jun-07 22:48:46

My last AF was 3rd June so I'm CD25 today, have had 2 very faint positives so I don't know, last cycle was 27 days.

So if your last AF was 27th May your on about CD32 with a 28 day cycle your about 4 days late, does that sound right.

Dunno test in the morning seems like a good idea, sorry.

EmilyandLola Wed 27-Jun-07 22:50:57

can you make sure im working this out right, how do u calculate how long cycle, and when it starts from etc to work out what day you are please?

Thelittlesoldiersmummy Wed 27-Jun-07 22:55:42

Hi you start with CD1 on the day your period starts and each day add another day my period started on Sunday so I am CD4 today. have you any idea when you ovulated as your period is usually 14 days after that if unsuccessful you may have oved late thus a Neg good luck x

sweetkitty Wed 27-Jun-07 22:56:18

Cycle Day 1 (CD1) is the date you first start your period so you count each day from that until your period next turns up, so if it turns up CD29 that in effect becomes CD1 of your next cycle and your cycle is 28 days long. You are at your most fertile around 14 days before your next period. Hope that makes sense there are others on here much more knowledgeable than me!

EmilyandLola Wed 27-Jun-07 22:59:59

well ive just worked out that my period was due on CD28, which was Tuesday 19th - however still not here, so I am late by a week, and had a HPT- this morning.... whats going on!

Thelittlesoldiersmummy Wed 27-Jun-07 23:03:09

Do you usually have a regular cycle?

sweetkitty Wed 27-Jun-07 23:03:19

I don't know, my period was late by a week once (unheard of) and I got BFNs. Turned up a week later heavier than usual, nurse said it was probably a very early miscarriage don't know if this was true but don't want to scare you either.

What tests you using?

EmilyandLola Wed 27-Jun-07 23:05:39

I have been using those test strips I bought from ebay (20 for 3 pounds or some thing)

But suddenly wondered if they worked or not so used a tesco's one. Any good?

sweetkitty Wed 27-Jun-07 23:08:11

oh dear the ebay tests, with DD2 I had 3 BFNs on the day period was due and for 3 days after that and it was a true negative no line at all. Of course I got a Clearblue digital and it was positive.

Don't want to get your hopes up go buy yourself a Clearblue tomorrow and put your mind and rest (oh and come back and tell me)

EmilyandLola Wed 27-Jun-07 23:11:02

I may go get a first response and then take it on Friday morning if no sign of AF, for then that will be CD 38 - ARGH!!! Thanks for the support, really am new to this TTC larky, my DD was a complete surprise (poor DP!!!)

sweetkitty Wed 27-Jun-07 23:15:09

Think I will be testing Friday also so best of luck for the both of us x

EmilyandLola Thu 28-Jun-07 09:44:45

fab, c u back here Friday to swap results then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now