Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Could I be pregnant?

(15 Posts)
violetone Thu 21-Jun-07 13:31:18

I am on the mini pill.
I had too much wine on 11th June, and missed a pill. I had sex that evening, and again in the morning.

It was after the morning I suddenly remembered, with panic that I had missed a pill. Too scared to tell DP, thought it would be fine. Realised the next day I wasmkidding myself and made appt to see family planning. Could not get appt to see someone until 66 hours after the first 'deed'. However the nurse said it would still be 'within time'.

Anyway, I took it, last thursday (14th?). No period yet.
I have no idea when I am due, on the pill, periods are irrlegular and and I am not one to pay attention to oluvation. I guess I am due around now. Not much longer than this, and to be honest my periods have been less than usual time not more.

I feel like I pregnant, (have a 12 month old)if that makes sense, although I am putting very mild nausea down to worry!

So, the questions I have are:
1. Could I be pregnant
2. How long after sex can I do a pregnancy test?
3. If I am pregnant, could I have damaged the baby by taking the morning after pill/continuing the mini pill?

I am telling my DP this afternoon how dumb I have been
Oh dear.

violetone Thu 21-Jun-07 13:38:13

worzsel Thu 21-Jun-07 13:41:20

Yeah you could be pregnant although its difficult to say when you could take a hpt, i guess any time from 10 to 20 days after the deed but i;m not sure how it would work with you being on the pill. I wouldnt worry about doing any damage by taking the map or contiuning with the mini pill, thousands of woman get pregnane on the pill every year

MelissaM Thu 21-Jun-07 13:44:32

Oh dear violetone. Try not to worry. I was never very good at remembering to take the pill when I was on it.

In answer to your questions:
1. Yes you could, but the chances are quite low given that you took the morning after pill.
2. You can use a pregnancy test from the day your period would have been due. I do know of people who have used them before then and got positive results (they were trying) but because the kits work by identifying the pregnancy hormones, if they are done too early, the levels may be too low and you could get a false negative result. If you think your period should be due about now, you could always do a test to find out (I think they are about £10 each and not much more for a twinpack).
3. I don't know for sure, but I am sure the baby would be fine.

Do try not to worry. Just pick up a kit and do the test to put your mind at ease.

Good luck.

WigWamBam Thu 21-Jun-07 13:45:50

Being on the Pill doesn't affect the results of pregnancy tests (says she who fell pregnant whilst on the Pill). You'll still get a reliable result.

You won't have harmed the baby (if you are pregnant) by taking the Pill. Don't stop taking it until you know that you're definitely pregnant; getting pregnant because you thought you already were pregnant would be a great shame.

I was about three weeks pregnant when I tested positive, I don't know how much earlier you'd get a reliable result though.

pinkys Thu 21-Jun-07 13:50:56

i dont think u will be i wudnt like to say thoe just incase, i missed my pill once and took it when i remembered and i was fine, but obviously everybody is different, if u taken the morning after pill i think ur be ok, but do a pregancy test just incase, mayb in future be extra careful and mayb use jonnys, just incase this happens again

PavlovtheCat Thu 21-Jun-07 14:01:49

pinkys - typically I have an appt to get the coil fitted! I became pregnant while on the pill last time, very strict usually about it, never miss a day, however I was on antibiotics and apparantly this cancelled out the effects of the pill.

We wanted our baby tho, and if I am pregnant we will want this one too. We had talked about another one, but both agreed it is too soon, maybe two years time. So, if I am pregnant, although I really dont want to be yet, we will cope and once get over the shock, I am sure will be happy about it.

However, DP will, initially will be mad, mainly as I have not told him yet, so I will tell him either way so he knows I am not keeping screts.

Thanks guys. I think I will try to hold out until the weekend, then it would be well over 10 days and hopefully the test will be more accurate.

violetone Thu 21-Jun-07 14:05:18

oh dear, did not save namechange proeprly . shit.

scorpio1 Thu 21-Jun-07 14:05:37

err, dont think you checked your name before posting! secret

violetone Thu 21-Jun-07 14:06:48

Scorpio - i know

scorpio1 Thu 21-Jun-07 14:07:31

soz, i think we x posts. its fine really, don't worry.

are you ok??

scorpio1 Thu 21-Jun-07 14:09:38

official line is 19 days after unprotected sex. but in reality, it may show up now.

it won't affect the baby at all. you need to find out soon, so you can stop taking pill if you are pg.

and coils are fab!

violetone Thu 21-Jun-07 14:11:38

Scorpio - fine, just a bit worried .
If I am, I am and will deal with it, if not, then I will get the coil fitted asap!

scorpio1 Thu 21-Jun-07 14:12:48

you will be fine

lisa111 Thu 21-Jun-07 14:13:05

Hiya, your not dumb, you did do something about it.

If i was in your position i would buy a clear blue and use the first wee in the morning.

I would check with your g.p if any damage may have been done. I took the mini pill as i was bf and the doctor told me that it can cause an ectopic pregnancy.

A friend of a friend was not on pill but took the morning after pill, and got pg, she had a m/c at 12weeks.

you probably are making yourself sick with worry.

Let us know how you are getting on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now