Talk

Advanced search

December bus ho ho ho

(703 Posts)
Chanel05 Mon 05-Nov-18 12:33:11

For those of us determined to get a bfp before end of 2018 and celebrating Christmas without any alcohol!

TTC: no 1
Cycle: 5
Cycle day: 1
AF/BFP due: 4th December

PaintingOwls Wed 14-Nov-18 08:04:59

My OPKs arrived and the instructions say that you have to leave your pee to stand for 20 minutes before testing - is this right?

Can anyone who's used OPKs before enlighten me?

Monday55 Wed 14-Nov-18 08:21:18

@paintingowls I'm new to ovulation strips and started using them last month. I get results within 5mins so 20mins does sound too long. What brand are using ? Did you mis-read 20miu by any chance ?

LolaGrace Wed 14-Nov-18 08:25:54

TTC#1
Cycle 3
Cycle day 1

Periods now seem to be back to a 28/29 cycle rather than 32 or 20 ( last month)
Come off the patch in August.

PaintingOwls Wed 14-Nov-18 10:59:46

Monday55 I just got a jumbo pack off Amazon. It says to let your pee cool down to room temperature before dipping the test in, which should take 20 minutes. Sounds long to me and I'm wondering if it'll still work if I do it right away instead of waiting?

Tally92 Thu 15-Nov-18 09:02:43

Hello im hoping to join! Its my first time posting.

TTC#1
Cycle#30
Cycle day 3

After loosing 4 babies in the last year looking for some positive thoughts! All i want for Christmas is those 2 lines 😁

TtcIAm Thu 15-Nov-18 09:41:31

cd13 big temp drop this morning, hopefully the metformin and soy is helping. all i hope is i have a normal cycle length this time not 132 days 😂

Monday55 Thu 15-Nov-18 11:06:46

@paintingowls woah, your strips require a lot of patients! I bought the 'one step' branded ones off eBay.

Hello all new entrants! welcome smile

I'm now on cD28. My last cycle was 26days and the one before that was 31days. I was hoping it would be a short cycle so I could start a new one pronto.

Monday55 Thu 15-Nov-18 11:08:01

sorry for the solid paragraph. I'm posting on the mobile app and it won't create paragraphs sad

PaintingOwls Thu 15-Nov-18 17:49:25

Monday55 no solid paragraphs as far as I can see. Hope AF comes quickly.

Your post prompted me to have a look at my cycles over the last 6 months and although my app says on average I'm 28 days there have been a few 26 days and a couple of 31-32 days! I definitely need to get these OPKs going...

Chanel05 Thu 15-Nov-18 19:00:00

@paintingowls I have the same opks and have only ever once left it to stand for 20 mins! Used them for 4 months and they’ve shown my progression during fertile week up to o showing positive.

Pastaallday Thu 15-Nov-18 19:40:33

Hello ladies,
I'm excited to start TTC in December, only couple of weeks to go! Although no idea about when AF is dye or cycle length as I've still not had a period since coming off the pill in September.

Anyone else in the same boat and TTC regardless? I had a positive OPK last week so really hope AF arrives this month.

Tsarcasm Thu 15-Nov-18 20:04:10

@paintingowls I also have the same opks and left it to stand for the first time today after your post made me realise I hadn't read the instructions properly! Made no difference as far as I can tell, they seem to have worked just fine without having to let it stand

Crazydreamer Thu 15-Nov-18 23:31:30

Hi can I join, I was ovulating today, so by that af should be due 29th right but I'd say I'm more likely to come on the 1 Dec. Ttc #2 and this is cycle more than I can count, we have been trying around a year to 15months. Good luck to everyone

PaintingOwls Fri 16-Nov-18 07:52:53

Thanks both, I'll get cracking today.

MrsP4 Fri 16-Nov-18 08:52:42

Hi @Crazydreamer we're on the same thread again! Best of luck to you for this month xx

Crazydreamer Fri 16-Nov-18 11:40:32

@MrsP4 nice to see u again, hope we both have better luck this time lol. I used ovulating stinks this time round so hopefully I've been caught. Fingers xd for us both xxx

Crazydreamer Fri 16-Nov-18 11:42:44

@MrsP4 ovulating sticks it was defo ovulating sticks I used lol

MrsP4 Fri 16-Nov-18 11:49:03

Haha @Crazydreamer that tickled me! I'm using them again this month due to ovulate around 19th 20th so in a few days! Fingers crossed!

WildFlower2018 Fri 16-Nov-18 16:07:59

Hello everyone!

I did post a few pages back but wanted to stay away from the thread for a few weeks in case we didn't get good news at the hospital today. (We had a TFMR back in August. We went for baby's post mortem results today).

Thankfully, the results confirmed that the problem was something that just randomly occurred, an anomaly and not chromosomal/something we passed on to baby. I am so relieved! We've been given the all clear to try again & told it's very very unlikely the same problem would occur twice. I've also been told to I'll get an extra scan next time I'm pregnant, which is good.

So I'm officially on the bus!!! My next FW actually starts in a week according to the Clue App. I'm so excited to be finally in the all clear to try again! I could do a little celebratory dance!

Of course, I'm having very mixed feelings because of my loss. It's kind of bittersweet. But at the same time, I feel today was like a bit of closure & I'm looking forward to the future now. ♥️

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone in this group. After my TFMR I had to leave my Facebook group of ladies I'd met on Mumsnet & I was ever so upset! Xx

Tsarcasm Fri 16-Nov-18 16:35:32

@WildFlower2018

So sorry for your loss, you must be so relieved to have been given the all clear!

I am also looking forward to getting to know everyone. We have kept TTC as a private thing irl as it took us a long time to come to the decision. I am looking forward to having people to chat to about everything!

Crazydreamer Fri 16-Nov-18 19:06:44

@Tsarcasm We have also kept ttc a private thing, as took me a long time to conceive my 1st and people knew we were trying and would say things like "u not pregnant yet" and I can't be doing with it this time round.
@Wildflower2018 welcome and I'm also so sorry for ur loss.
Good luck to both u ladies xxx

Nell90x Fri 16-Nov-18 20:21:01

Feeling so frustrated 😣 have been using the CB OPKs since day 7 of my cycle, so far getting negatives. Tested this morning before work and I got a static smile (LH surge) so, completely skipped the flashing smiley stage. Main frustration is that DH left this morning and is away over night with work - not back until late tomorrow night. We hadn't had chance to dtd yet this week but thought we were ok because my app predicted my fertile period wouldn't start until today... Feel like we're out for December already! Sorry; just needed to vent.

PaintingOwls Fri 16-Nov-18 20:23:28

So unfortunately I got stinking drunk this evening and told a could of close colleagues that I'm TTC. As I'm sobering up on my train home I'm feeling this is more and more of a mistake.

Tsarcasm Fri 16-Nov-18 23:01:49

@PaintingOwls

Why do you feel it is a mistake? Try not to beat yourself up about it, it's done now. It's really hard not to talk about these things! If they are close colleagues could you (another time) explain how you now feel about telling them? Hopefully they will understand and be respectful about it?

MrsMcNtobe Sat 17-Nov-18 09:39:37

Hey everyone

I’m TTC1
Cycle 3
CD14

Said I was taking a break from OPKs and apps as I was getting too obsessed. Cycles have been 42 days (first off the mini pill) 28 days and 25 days but have a feeling I might have ovulated really early this month. Has anybody had this before?

@PaintingOwls I done the exact same thing at a hen weekend last week! Immediately wished I hadn’t said anything sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »