Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Anyone about to start to TTC?

(29 Posts)
BirthdayKake Fri 10-Aug-18 08:25:14

I'm supposed to start my new pill pack on Monday but we've decided not to.

I'm getting married a week tomorrow (eeek!) so it seems good timing.

Anyone else?!

BestThingsAreFree Fri 10-Aug-18 08:51:26

I took my last pill on Wednesday. And won't be starting another pack! How exciting!

FrancesV83 Fri 10-Aug-18 09:54:43

Me! I'm taking my last pill on the 31st August. Good luck everyone and congratulations @Birthdaykake on your upcoming wedding.

BirthdayKake Fri 10-Aug-18 10:21:30

Thank you! Nervous but v excited to TTC. Which number baby will it be for everyone else?

ReginaPhalange89 Fri 10-Aug-18 10:35:10

We are soon but not right now. I'm having my coil taken out on Monday (it's a copper one so should be able to conceive quickly since no hormones!) But we're waiting til after this cycle to avoid clashing with our 1st daughter's bday in May!

It'll be our 3rd, 2 girls already smile is it your 1st?

FrancesV83 Fri 10-Aug-18 10:46:02

This will be #2. I have an eight year old from a previous relationship and hubby has a 21 year old and 20 year old (he started young!), all boys!
This will be our first together.

Thismummyruns Fri 10-Aug-18 10:59:19

We are.

Finished last pill in June. Had a 3 day 'period' on 17th July so just waiting for AF to arrive next week for a better indication of cycles- will be giving it a go after that.

Already have DD1.

BestThingsAreFree Fri 10-Aug-18 14:04:18

This will be #1 for us! Very exciting

BirthdayKake Fri 10-Aug-18 14:05:47

Welcome everyone smile

It will be my fifth baby, but my first with DP.
Regina I also have a DD with a birthday in May, but after waiting until the wedding I've suddenly decided I don't want to wait anymore!

Wow Frances, that'll be a big age gap! I bet the boys will be protective big brothers!

ReginaPhalange89 Fri 10-Aug-18 14:39:37

I get that. We only decided to go for baby #3 a few weeks ago and I'm already impatient lol. My OH would prefer to wait til November time but I'm going to try convince him to go for it after this cycle . I'd like a July due date !

FrancesV83 Fri 10-Aug-18 15:16:42

@birthdaykake Definitely! If we had a daughter I'd feel sorry for her!

MrsReader Fri 10-Aug-18 15:23:16

Came off pill last month, hoping to ovulate in a few days time and can then get to it! grin

BirthdayKake Fri 10-Aug-18 15:53:03

Regina why a July baby? 🤔

Yes you'll be busy MrsReader!!

We have a heavily pregnant guinea pig at the minute which should be good for getting the DC used to the cycle of life, ha!

ReginaPhalange89 Fri 10-Aug-18 18:57:29

Just fancy it ! My two are March and May babies , my OH is off June, July and August every year so it would be handy if I had a summer baby as he'd be around for the first few months !

BirthdayKake Fri 10-Aug-18 20:26:35

Wow, that would be handy! I've also got a March and May smile I always thought I'd get too hot with a July baby constantly on me!

Kellyread Fri 10-Aug-18 21:04:24

Hello
We got married a year ago so now trying for our first baby xx

ReginaPhalange89 Fri 10-Aug-18 21:26:12

Ugh that's true. Both previous pregnancies were through the winter and spring so wasn't too hot, after the summer we've just had it might be awful being pregnant in June/July ! Although I live in Scotland so it's not often we get uncomfortable heat haha

BirthdayKake Sat 11-Aug-18 10:35:39

Hi Kelly smile

Regina hopefully this year will be a one off and Scotland will go back to being chilly next summer haha

I had a reminder of what it's like to be pregnant last night. DP and I had an argument and I ended up in floods of tears. We're about to embark on a huge emotional rollercoaster!! Not to mention the horrendous morning sickness...

ReginaPhalange89 Sat 11-Aug-18 13:26:08

Yip I've been thinking about all that stuff too! You forget about the sickness quite quickly , it all comes flooding back as soon as you're pregnant lol.

Anyone think it's bad luck to buy maternity clothing before you're actually pregnant? 🙈 Seen some jeans on sale but obviously don't want to jinx it haha

BirthdayKake Sat 11-Aug-18 17:57:15

Regina I used to think it was bad luck, but now I don't at all. In fact I've bought quite a few bits already blush if you know you and your DH have conceived before, I think it's ok smile

J4w91 Sat 11-Aug-18 18:42:54

I finished my last pill pack a week ago will be #1 for us super excited for the journey but nervous also smile

BirthdayKake Sat 11-Aug-18 18:58:19

Good luck J4! Don't be nervous. It's amazing having children smile

cupcakesandglitter Sat 11-Aug-18 19:06:25

Hi can I join? DH and I decided to start TTC a week ago... trying for number one xx

AJ34 Sat 11-Aug-18 20:35:57

Hi all - Hope I can join you too!

I was on the implant for 9 years and the pill for a few months...I decided quite impulsively to stop taking it on Tuesday after a talk with my other half. (I don't think he can believe it his luck as he has asked since we first got together!)

We have been together 6 years and have just moved into our first house together - he has wanted a baby since forever.

I have a DS who was 9 in May and my OH has a daughter 12 - if we get pregnant this will be our first together.

Although this will be baby no2 if I fall pregnant, I feel sick with anxiety...Probably as I'm still getting my head around my impulsive decision smile

Good luck with your wedding next week by the way! xx

BirthdayKake Sat 11-Aug-18 21:20:37

Thank you - and welcome newbies! Can't believe I'll be married this time next week!

Anyway ... I know how you feel; this is spontaneous for me too as I was going to wait until after our honeymoon at the end of September. DP has also wanted a baby since forever. But I just thought fuck it, we've toilet trained the youngest, done loads of house renovations ... I'm a SAHM anyway so it seems like the right time now, finally.

Would be crazy if some of us get our BFPs on this thread!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: