Talk

Advanced search

Starting the two week wait again. Anyone else? Pleeeaaase be the month 🤞

(375 Posts)
Momma22 Fri 03-Aug-18 12:19:05

So I'm starting another two week wait, a bit sooner than anticipated. It seems I either ovulated CD 10 or 11 this cycle, which is very early for me.

Not sure if I'm 1 or 2dpo? Got a positive ovulation strip on Wednesday, by Thursday it was negative, but had lots of EWCM and CP was high soft and open. Would I get a negative OPK on the day or within hours of ovulation? Any advice would be much appreciated smile.

Good luck ladies 🤞 Hopefully we get our BFPs this time! Xxx

FlapJackered Fri 03-Aug-18 12:36:29

Hi @Momma22
I will join in anticipation of ovulation tomorrow or Sunday (just had positive opk).
I am cd14 today. 3rd cycle of properly ttc.
AF due bang in the middle of my holiday so really hoping she doesn't come this month!

The opk just shows the surge of LH I believe, so after that it may go back to negative but if you have had a positive then that is a good sign you will ovulate in the next 12-36 hours. So it sounds like you ov'd yesterday.

LilacIris Fri 03-Aug-18 12:37:15

I’ll join as well as ovulation will be this weekend. 🤞🏻 for us.

Momma22 Fri 03-Aug-18 12:42:23

Hi @FlapJackered. Here's hoping AF doesn't show up, and put a dampener on your hols! How lovely it would be for you to find out you're expecting whilst on holiday. Got everything crossed for you!

And that's what I thought too, gonna go with 1dpo. I'm gonna be away visiting family overseas for a few days when AF is due. Hoping I can come home to OH after my trip with a lovely surprise for him. Here's hoping! X

Triskaidekaphilia Fri 03-Aug-18 12:44:19

Pretty sure I'm in TWW. My OPKs seem to have stopped working since the heatwave. Had what felt like ov pains on Cd11 and yesterday, CD15, my cervix went from open and soft to harder and closed, EWCM from like CD10-15 so I think I've ov' d at some point in that time! If I can assume it happened yesterday and hold off testing until CD29 I will! (My last cycle was 29 days but before that they were really long).
Good luck to you smile

Triskaidekaphilia Sat 04-Aug-18 16:37:00

My mum asked me if I want to visit the week after next so I'm going to be in the same boat Momma. Though not sure to test while I'm there, or when I get home on the Friday. I did say I'd wait til CD29 which would be Friday...

FlapJackered Sat 04-Aug-18 17:02:48

@Momma22 - ah that would be lovely! Do you think you'll wait to test with him or test while you're away?

@Triskaidekaphilia - oh tricky one, I think I would find it hard to wait! How many days post ov would you be when you get home?

I am just wondering how careful I should be about drinking on holiday? Also if I do get pregnant I will have to somehow conceal it from my whole family (who are coming with) as I would rather wait a bit before telling them in case of miscarriage. They are all fairly heavy drinkers and we are in wine country so could be difficult!

Momma22 Sat 04-Aug-18 18:28:48

@FlapJackered, ooh I don't know? We did the test together when I got my BFP with our little girl. I think I'll do it on my own, then if it's a BFP I can surprise him, think of a nice creative way to tell him

Eminen Sat 04-Aug-18 18:29:32

Hi everyone. I'm now in the TWW after the longest cycle ever! BBT confirmed ovulation on CD39 and I'm now 3DPO. Been TTC#2 for 18 months now so really hope this is our month!

Triskaidekaphilia Sat 04-Aug-18 18:48:49

@FlapJackered well because I'm not 100% on when I ov'd I could be anything from 14-19dpo, but obviously if its 14 I probably wouldn't get a BFP til then anyway. So that's the day I was hoping to hold off until anyway.

I'm personally believe the whole 'drink til its pink' thing so I think you'd be fine, plus I bet they wont suspect you're pregnant if you are drinking for the beginning then stop if you get a BFP- you can claim you really overdid it the previous night!

@Momma22 it's really sweet that you did the firs test together. I know I test so often that it's just not going to happen unless I faked it grin So I've been thinking of ways to tell DH, so far I have three:
-we both have a pair of converse in a matching colour, so I'd get a matching pair of the little converse crib socks and line them up for when he gets home
-give him a poppy (4wks) or sesame (5wks) seed and when he asks why say "That's the size of our baby."
-wait til the weekend when we lie in and our 2 cats come in, and say "the whole family's here... all 5 of us" and wait for his reaction
Too much choice! I'll probably pick whats practical time wise. We've been trying so long that I can't wait to see his face if/when it happens!

Triskaidekaphilia Sat 04-Aug-18 18:51:20

Good luck Eminen, I've been struggling with long cycles myself, not sure if they're back to being regular or not yet. At least you know you've ovulated now smile

TheMagicTorch Sat 04-Aug-18 23:27:30

Hey everyone 🙋‍♀️ I'm 7dpo. Cycle 5 of trying for DC #1 .. 🤞🤞 for a lucky month for us all

FlapJackered Sat 04-Aug-18 23:28:42

@Eminen - I feel for you, I had a 56 day cycle a few months ago, I know how frustrating it can be, that's great you have ovulated though and in the tww.

@Triskaidekaphilia - those are such good ideas of how to tell your DH! So lovely!
My DH will be with me if it is this cycle so I will probably end up just doing the test with him. If it doesn't happen this month though i am definitely stealing one of those ideas!
I think you're right, I will drink and just not get completely wasted. We are away for two weeks, first week is just us two and then second week is with extended family! I am due AF at the beginning of the second week. 🤦🏼‍♀️

@Momma22 - I think that's what I would do too.

FlapJackered Sat 04-Aug-18 23:28:47

@Eminen - I feel for you, I had a 56 day cycle a few months ago, I know how frustrating it can be, that's great you have ovulated though and in the tww.

@Triskaidekaphilia - those are such good ideas of how to tell your DH! So lovely!
My DH will be with me if it is this cycle so I will probably end up just doing the test with him. If it doesn't happen this month though i am definitely stealing one of those ideas!
I think you're right, I will drink and just not get completely wasted. We are away for two weeks, first week is just us two and then second week is with extended family! I am due AF at the beginning of the second week. 🤦🏼‍♀️

@Momma22 - I think that's what I would do too.

TheMagicTorch Sat 04-Aug-18 23:29:50

@Triskaidekaphilia I had a chemical a couple of months ago, unfortunately, but I bought a pair of knitted booties and put them in a box saying 'you're going to be a daddy'. He was so delighted and was a lovely way to tell him. I love announcements like that 😊

FlapJackered Sat 04-Aug-18 23:30:04

Gahh stupid phone posted twice. Sorry!

Welcome @TheMagicTorch 👋

Triskaidekaphilia Sat 04-Aug-18 23:51:08

Welome TheMagicTorch, looks like you'll be testing sooner than the rest of us, excited for you. Sorry to hear about your chemical flowers

Steal away FlapJackered, I have more ideas than I can use grin I think which I go for will depend how much time I get to plan! Yeah drinking a little should be fine, bit inconvienient for you that you're due to test just as family arrive but I'm sure you can get an excuse ready! I've been drinking elderflower liqueur when I go to my friends houses so if I need to fake drink I'm filling it up with elderflower cordial grin

Triskaidekaphilia Sun 05-Aug-18 00:05:54

Think I've decided I'll get a FRER and do that while at my parents, then do a normal test when I get home, on the date AF is due.

Momma22 Sun 05-Aug-18 00:29:34

Right so now I'm starting to wonder if I'm really in the TWW at all? Continued taking opks after I got what I thought was a positive on Wednesday (because i am a POAS addict 🙈). Lines got much fainter on Thursday and Friday, so I thought right well I must have ovulated. But today the lines have suddenly started getting darker? Not quite positive yet but definitely getting there, I don't know what's going on? I got my positive opk on cd 10 which is very early for me and now I'm cd 14 and I appear to be heading towards another positive? It's worth mentioning that a couple months back I had a similar sort of situation with CB OPKs got a positive one day, next day a negative, day after that another positive? So weird

Momma22 Sun 05-Aug-18 00:33:44

I've taken waaay to many ovulation tests his cycle 😂. The fifth from the top was taken Wednesday, test line's faded slightly now but on Wednesday it looked disitinctly positive! The two at the bottom were taken today, one in the afternoon the other in the evening

FlapJackered Sun 05-Aug-18 08:57:31

@Momma22 - I am in a similar situation! Thought mine was positive on cd14 but I am also using the Clear blue ones (I'm completely obsessed I know!) and I am still getting flashing smiley and no solid smiley. That's 6 days of flashing smiley now.

It does look like one might have been positive but if I were you I would keep testing just in case.

FlapJackered Sun 05-Aug-18 09:03:25

@Triskaidekaphilia - that sounds like a good plan with the elderflower cordial. I do have a bit of an allergy to wine so I may just stick to Gin and Tonic (without the gin!) if I am lucky enough to be pregnant.

Momma22 Sun 05-Aug-18 11:40:54

@FlapJackered it looks like you're using the same brand sticks as I am. Maybe if you're only getting the flashing smiley on the CB the amazon ones weren't positive after all? But maybe nearly positive? I don't know? Gonna do another test this afternoon and see. It's so confusing! We'll just keep BD'ing and hopefully we've got all bases covered 🤞

Triskaidekaphilia Sun 05-Aug-18 11:57:45

I heard sometimes your body tries to ovulate and doesn't so you get more than one surge? Maybe thats whats happened with both of yours? Is the clearblue the fertility monitor FlapJackered or the digital tests, and either way would you recommend them?

I've been wondering about whether alcohol free gin smells realistic. grin

Triskaidekaphilia Sun 05-Aug-18 12:04:11

I am getting AFish cramping, which is odd. If I did ovulate on CD11 I guess I would be 7dpo which is not too early for implantation. Or could be a really early AF like I had a few months ago confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: